73. Old Feelings

I know it took me a minute to update, and that's because I was really struggling with this chapter lol. I know I say that a lot, but yeah, it's really been a struggle lol. I had a rough draft of the chapter sitting on here for the longest, and I kept not liking how it came out, so I kept changing things here and there, so if certain parts of it feel really sloppy, that's probably why. It also somehow ended-up being way longer than I originally intended to, because I just kept adding to it, but oh well.

I really hope you guys like it, because it really was a struggle 🤷🏾‍♀️ and I'm just tired of fighting with it and delaying the whole story because of it, so imma just publish what I have today, and that's that 🤷🏾‍♀️🤣

Melody's P.O.V.

The doorbell rings and I know that it's Marshall. We are supposed to go out today and get something to eat and just chill.

Crazy, isn't it, we have been on and off with each other for so many years now, but we've never actually dated, and that's exactly what I had told him about before. And I'm so glad that he listened!

I give my mother the look of death, not to interfere with us again like she's done the last couple of days, then go to answer the door.

"Hey."

"Ayo. How you doing?" Marshall says awkwardly, and I feel so shy all of a sudden. I truly don't know what's going on with me, but it still feels good in a way?

"I'm good, I..." I start to say, but I get cut off when by my mother clearing her throat behind us, and I turn towards her with annoyance.

"Hi, Miss Hardwick," Marshall says, eyeing her wearily. He just knows it's not gonna go well for him, facing off with my mother.

"Hello, Marshall. I hope you would bring my daughter back at a reasonable hour."

"Uh... yes, ma'am."

"Momma, enough!!" I exclaim.

I quickly pull her to the side and give her the look of death.

I mean, I love my momma and I respect her, but I am sick and tired of her giving my man a hard time. Especially when I can see that he's really trying!!

"Momma please just stop," I whisper. "He's trying, just like I told you before! Please give him a chance, please?!"

I then get back to Marshall, and we get in his car and we leave.

"So, where you taking me?" I ask curiously. Knowing Marshall, he about to bring me to some ghetto ass fast food joint. Which is fine by me, because I would be happy to go pretty much anywhere with him.

"You'll see," he says and I roll my eyes and look out of the window. The glass is tinted so nobody can see inside, which is good. Lately, I've been just as big on my privacy as Marshall usually is.

I keep throwing sideways glances at him, and Marshall just looks so damn cute sitting there, looking kind of nervous.

But I would be one lying ass female if I said that I'm not kind of nervous to at this moment.

And I don't even know why.

Eventually, the car pulls up to this empty restaurant. Of course, Marshall had to book the whole damn place just so we would get some privacy.

We take our seats at the table and get handed the menus. And once I scan them, I look up at him in shock.

"Um... Marshall? They serve sushi here."