46. Numb

Melody's P.O.V.

It actually takes me until the next morning to finally make it back home to Marshall.

And when I do finally make it there, I honestly feel tired as hell.

All I wanna do at this point, is to just climb in bed with him, cuddle up to him and fall sleep.

I climb my way to the upstairs bedroom door and slowly crack it open, trying to be as quiet as can be so that I won't wake him.

Once I do make my way inside though, I suddenly freeze in my tracks.

Marshall isn't alone in that bed.

There's a blonde female laying right next to him under the covers.

Kim.

She lifts up her head slowly and smiles at me as she blinks.

"You see, Melody, at the end of the day, he would always come back to me," she simply says, and I suddenly feel like I'm gonna vomit.

Marshall steers next to her, and he opens his eyes, looking right at me in confusion.

Then he looks at Kim laying right next to him, and he's actually got the nerve to look even more confused.

"What the..." he starts to say, but Kim cuts him off.

"Good morning, baby," she says to him, smiling smugly.

And I just feel numb all over.

Not even angry.

Not even hurt.

Just numb.

My whole body freezes, and my brain must want to protect my heart really desperately from this, because it completely takes over and neutralizes all of my emotions.

It's like I have no feelings at all left in me all of a sudden.

I slowly turn on my heels and start to walk away from all this.

I make it all the way to the buttom of the staircase when Marshall catches up to me.

He's got nothing on him but a pair of boxers that he must've hurriedly threw on just now.

"Baby wait!" His arms wrap around me from behind, caging me in, and I start to fight so hard to get out of them.

"Get off me right now, Marshall!!"

"Nah, Mel, let me explain. I swear to God this isn't..."

"Let me guess, this isn't what it looks like?! Really, Marshall?!" I exclaim.

"It really isn't," he has the nerve to say, and that does it.

Whatever effort my brain was putting into controlling my emotions, gets completely overriden now, and I turn around so quick and slap the shit out of him.

Then I run out of the door.

***

Marshall's P.O.V.

I make my way back upstairs and stare at Kim, still lounging comfortably in my bed.

I struggle to make my mind understand exactly how she ended-up in there, but I just can't. I don't fucking remember anything.

I do know one thing though. I ain't done shit with her last night. Of that I'm sure of.

I continue to stare at her with murder in my eyes and she just throws her head back and laughs.

"Bitch, you've got two seconds to tell me what you doing in here," I say to her through gritted teeth.

I find my clothes thrown about on the floor and quickly put them on.