60. The Disrespect

Marshall's P.O.V.

I have started spending a lot of time in the studio with the guys again.

Working and on some beats for one of the new artists on my label.

I'm not releasing any new music anytime soon myself, cause I feel like a need a fucking break to be honest, but I still like to keep myself busy, so that's why I'm producing all these beats.

It also keeps me away from Kim because she's been really getting on my last nerve lately.

Proof, Denaun, Bizarre, Kuniva and Swifty and all here with me, and Dre is here too today.

I get momentarily distracted by one of the groupie chicks trying to get my attention.

Mainly because the bitch gets on my damn nerves by just how desperate she is being. Shit. I used to love desperate bitches like this because let's face it, they are so fucking easy. But being how I'm not even interested in that type of thing anymore, she is just irking my nerves.

The girl comes up to me and sits on the soundboard facing me, leaning into me, trying to throw her rack in my face.

"Are you stressed out, Em? You look stressed out," she purrs in this sorta honey-glazed voice, and I look up at her briefly from my notepad, and I ain't gonna front, her tits are kind of impressive. Very impressive actually.

But for the fucking life of me, I'm just not interested.

Fuck me, maybe I should stop with the pills cause how the fuck I don't get turned on by bitches anymore?! It's one thing to not want Kim anymore, but this chick right here... Goddamn, what is wrong with me for real?!

"Matter of fact, I am stressed out," I say, looking the groupie dead in the eyes. "Do you wanna know what stresses me out the most though?"

"What's that?" She smiles eagerly.

"Nasty ass bitches sitting on my soundboard when I'm trying to fucking concentrate, interrupting me when I work," I deadpan. "Now move."

"Oh my God, you are such an asshole!" The girl exclaims, but she sure hops off the board real quick and storms her way to the exit.

Only for Swifty to snatch her by the arm and pull her on his lap.

"Aww, baby, Slim is being so mean to you! Come here, let me make it up to you. Not all of us here are disrespectful motherfuckers like him. Some of us are real gentleman."

I smirk to myself and put my headphones back on. Let Swifty have that bitch, and no need to even thank me later.

For whatever reason I can't concentrate though. I don't know what it is, but something is bugging me.

Maybe I need to pop another pill, but I just had like an hour ago. I think my tolerance for these things is starting to become ridiculously high man, fuck...

I suddenly feel the urge to go clear my head for a bit, so I tell the guys I'll be right back and go outside and go for a short drive. One of my bodyguards tries to follow me, but I really just wanna be left the fuck alone.

I get in my car and drive around for a bit, playing some music in the car. My brain still feels heavy and foggy, but it does do me good to get away from everybody for a bit.

Before I know it though, somehow I end-up near Melody's house.

For all I know, she might not even be there today, she might still be in New York. The guys told me they ran into her and her friend at that party a few weeks ago, and Mel bounced on them once one of them mentioned me or something. This girl really hates to even hear the sound of my name now, and it's fucking killing me but I can't blame her, I guess.