20. MTV Spring Break

Marshall's P.O.V.

Today I'm doing that MTV's Spring Break thing in Cancun.

And it's kind of fun, I can't lie. All of these swimwear models, bikini models, underwear models, whatever the fuck they are called... goddamn.

Only bad news is, Proof couldn't be with me as my hype man onstage this time.

But I had him replaced with Royce for this time. Royce used to hype for me back in the day, back when I was first starting.

Crazy to say those words now. It wasn't even all that long ago since my big break, yet it feels like just yesterday.

Anyway, for whatever reason, they wanted me to do songs from The Slim Shady LP CD during this show, even though The Marshall Mathers LP has dropped like a few months ago. I don't mind either way. As long as I still get to perform my shit in front of full crowds to standing ovations. Yo, I still. To. This. Day. Can't. Believe. This. Shit.

That I have finally made it in rap, that is.

Not only made it, but I'm fucking big. And I have grown to be this way literally overnight.

I still don't understand why.

And it still, in a way, feels like a dream.

Not that I don't think I ain't deserved this, cause I do. I have worked so goddamn hard for this.

But I still can't believe the shit.

I keep expecting for it to be yanked right up from under my feet.

But that hasn't happened yet. So for now I'm just enjoying it, I guess.

So, I'm on this stage, right, and I'm rapping, and I'm looking at the fans, knowing every goddamn word to each of my songs.

And the model chicks, they are walking all up and down the stage, and it truly is a beautiful sight to see.

I do the My Name Is first, they go to Brain Damage.

I can't lie, I'm high as a motherfucker right now. I took my "medicine" right before starting the show, cause well, I need it. I feel like without it, imma get on stage and just choke. Having all these people look at me and hang on to my every word, I'm not gonna lie, it is pretty damn overwhelming.

But right now, at this very moment, none of that really matters or bothers me. I'm just having a good time.

Every model girl that comes my way, I'm all over them, and it feels good.

I'm really having fun doing this gig and enjoying myself.

Then, one girl in particular catches my eye, and I quickly realize why.

Something about her looks slightly different. I think it's her hair. Yeah, I guess she had it straightened.

But it's definitely Melody.

Dressed in some skimpy ass little bathing suit.

Walking on this runway towards me.

And I fucking freeze. Can't even lie about it, she definitely catches me off guard with this shit.

Cause it's now been what, like another 2 months since I've last seen her. And I ain't even gonna front, I missed that girl like crazy.

Now I ain't gonna never tell her that. Especially with the way her ass has been ignoring my calls for so long, and once she finally did pick up, she had the nerve to curse my ass out, and told me to leave her the fuck alone. So I cursed her ass out right back.