83. Therapy Time

So honestly, guys, this chapter had sounded a lot better in my head when I was originally planning to write it than when I was actually writing it. I obviously have no idea how actually couples therapy sessions work, so it all ended-up being really awkward lol. I originally wanted to make this a whole lot more entertaining, but I don't think it had turned out that way at all, but I'm still publishing it, just so we could get past this point in the story. So, sorry if it sucks lol

Also, because I don't like at all how this chapter turned out, I'm posting the next one right after this one, to kind of make up for it 😅

Marshall's P.O.V.

"Okay, so the first thing I would suggest to you two," Dr. Emilia Tate, the damn coupled therapy counselor I've hired for Melody and I, says to us on our 5th therapy session, "is to stop having sex, until you learn how to communicate with each other and solve your issues without it."

Now, I'm trying to give this whole couples therapy bullshit a go for Mel's sake, I really am.

Knowing how much it fucking means to her apparently, first thing I did once we got back to Detroit from tour, was look up who is supposed to be the best professional at that type of thing here.

As my luck would have it, it had turned out to be a female therapist, which I ain't even gonna lie, made me internally roll my eyes cause I just knew the bitch would automatically side with Melody on every single issue we would discuss with her, and I would become their punching bag in every session we went to.

And I was kind of right. That was exactly how that first session went.

It was all pile on Marshall, talk about how much of an asshole I was.

Which, of course I fucking was one, I'm not denying it.

But having it all brought up in my face like that still made me feel somewhat salty.

And fucking paranoid.

You see, I absolutely fucking hate having a total stranger all up in my personal business like that. Granted, one of the first thing I ensured when I had hired this couples counselor for myself and Melody, was to get Paul to draw up and have her sign all kinds of do not disclose agreements. That had somewhat eased up my worries about this woman ever blabbing to the tabloids about any of mine and Mel's business, but I was still uneasy about it.

Bad enough that the public knows so damn much about my previous relationship with Kim, which frankly, a whole lot of it was my own fault for putting our shit out there like that back then.

Now, I want to at least try and protect Mel from it too, even though at the end of the day, a lot of our shit is already out there too.

And also, it's just plain difficult for me to just sit there and spill my fucking guts to a totally random person. All of my paranoia aside, I just ain't the type to do that.

So, even though today is like our 5th session with Dr. Tate, I mostly remain closed off.

While Melody talks a lot.

She's had a whole lot bothering her by the looks of it, and I just wish she would've brought it to me and not feel the need to bring a whole another person into it with us. Like, I just don't get this shit, I really fucking don't.

My ears perk up slightly when I realize that in today's session we are talking about our current issues.

"So, it sounds to me, Melody, like you don't trust Marshall," Dr. Tate says, and I look closely at Mel, sitting beside me as the therapist is sitting across from us, facing us.