11. We Laugh And We Cry Together

Melody's P.O.V.

Ever since that day I opened my big mouth and told Marshall I might be in love with him, he's been avoiding me like the plague. He hardly says two words to me anymore. He doesn't want me to come to his shows anymore, and he doesn't even sleep in his hotel room, that I share with him, anymore. He claims that he's been staying with Proof lately, cause he's just been too drunk to make it to our room the last couple of days.

I don't know if it's true or not. Proof says that it is, but Proof is Marshall's friend. Obviously, his loyalty would be to Marshall, no matter how cool he might seem to be with me. If Marshall was fucking other bitches every night, it's not like Proof would come out with it and tell me. And it's not like I've even got any grounds to ask. It's not like Marshall and I are actually together.

Why don't he just tell me to leave? I have no idea. Clearly, he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore. And yet, every time he's finished in a different city, I am right with him on a tour bus, going to the next place. He still puts me in the best rooms in whatever hotel we stay at. He just... won't stay with me there anymore. And he just won't talk to me.

And it's driving me crazy. I feel like such a dumb bitch for even still following him around. If he's not man enough to tell me to leave, maybe I should still leave anyway. Stop being so fucking weak, because it is so not me.

But I refuse to leave. Not until he grows some fucking balls and tells me to do just that to my face. You want me gone, Marshall, just tell me. Stop throwing me all these damn hints.

One night though, Marshall decides to give me the biggest hint ever.

That night I stay up late. Just can't sleep for some reason.

Marshall and the gang are just now coming back to the hotel. I can hear them getting all rowdy and loud in the hallways. I'm surprised actually that all these other nights, I was somehow able to sleep through all of that. Were they always making this much ruckus coming back?

My nosy ass gets right up and walks up to the door. I put my ear to it in order to hear better, and I regret it immediately.

There's Marshall's voice and some girl's voice, giggling drunkenly at some dumb joke he just told. There are the rest of D12's voices and more female voices, bit I could care less about them. I zero in on Marshall and that other girl that's with him. Until I hear Proof say to him in a hushed voice:

"Chill, doody. You know old girl is right over there," I'm assuming he's referring to me, and that's confirmed immediately when I hear Marshall snap at him:

"So what?! You think I give a shit about Melody?"

"Slim, chill," another one of D12, I think Porter.

"Nah, fuck that!!" Marshall is clearly out of control. Why is he so angry for, I didn't even do anything to him! "Fuck Melody, fuck her!" He rages on. "You really think I give a fuck about that bitch?!"

"Who's Melody?" the girl he's with drunkenly asks, I can practically see the disgusting pout on her face.

"Nobody, baby," Marshall replies. "She ain't nobody to me."

At this point, I've heard enough.

I grit my teeth and swing open the door. Let me see if he would keep talking all of this shit if he actually has to look me in the eye while saying it.

The situation that unfolds then is almost comical. If only I didn't feel like crying at the moment.

Everybody freezes. Like literally freezes, like some fucking popsicles.