48. We Need A Resolution

Melody's P.O.V.

"Yeah, we do need to talk. Mel, listen," Marshall starts to say, but I cut him off.

"Marshall, I believe you," I say, and his eyes widen.

"You do?" He asks, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Yes, I do. I mean... what you told me about Kim basically getting you drunk and drugging you, and then getting in bed with you naked, that's some wild ass shit. It literally sounds like a scene out of a really bad movie. It sounds so damn ridiculous that it just had to be true, I guess. But Marshall," I sigh deeply, getting to the hard part of this conversation.

I sit at the edge of the bed and look up at him as he's still standing by the door, watching me intently.

"I think we moved too quickly moving back in together," I quietly say, and I'm afraid to even meet his gaze as I talk. "I think I need some space from you. Just to think things out. I'll have to move back to New York for a while."

"Yo, what the fuck, Mel?!" Marshall exclaims, and he moves closer to me. "So let me get this straight. You just said you believe me, right? You know that I ain't do shit with Kim. But you are still gonna punish me for some shit that I didn't even do?!"

"I'm not punishing you, Marshall," I say quietly. "But I just... I just don't trust you," I state, feeling like shit for even saying the words, I mean, he did tell me before that he trusted me, and I know how big something like this was for him to say to any female. But truth of the matter is, I just can't let certain things from our past go, and this whole situation with Kim was basically like my worst fears coming true, and it just fucking broke me.

"Fuck you mean, you don't trust me?" He asks me, and I can see his eyes darken with hurt and anger.

"I just don't trust that you wouldn't up and leave me for Kim again!" I exclaim and immediately feel tears to start running down my face. "I mean, you did it to me twice before, Marshall! And it hurt like hell, and I'm sorry, but I need to protect my fucking heart. So I need some distance from you. So I could think," I finish in a much quieter voice than before, because of the way he's looking at me right now.

Marshall then stands up abruptly, and he pulls me to my feet as well and he gets right in my face.

"Mel," he says. "I almost killed a motherfucker. FOR YOU!! I fucking put everything on the line for you. And you still gonna stand here and bitch about how you think I might choose Kim over you. Are you fucking serious with me right now? Nah, you got to be fucking playing with me. Just say you playing with me, Mel."

"Why were you even alone at the house with her that day?!" I exclaim.

"I don't fucking know! I was fucking high as hell, is that what you wanted to hear? I was fucking high!!"

"Well, that sure makes it a whole lot better, Marshall. "See, how drugs fuck your mind? Next thing you know, you wake up in bed with a woman you say you want nothing to do with."

"Seriously, you wanna give me a drugs are bad for you speech now too?!"

"I'm just saying," I shrug.

"Fuck man, you are literally driving me crazy right now!" He says, then goes to punch a wall near the bed but stops at the last minute, probably figuring how that loud ass sound would disturb his daughters. "But you like that shit, don't you, Mel? All of you bitches enjoy that shit, it must be fun for y'all to play these games."

"I'm not playing any games with you."

"NAH?! SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING THEN, BITCH?! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? WHAT DO YOU WANT, YOU WANT TO BREAK UP AGAIN, CAUSE I..."