81. Ice Ice Baby

So, I've told y'all before, chapter 80 was originally supposed to be the last chapter of this book, but because I have decided to add the whole drama with Melody's father, it's stretched the story a bit, so this is, in fact, NOT the last chapter. We don't have a whole lot more to go though, so do get ready. This story ends soon 😢 just not in this particular chapter...

Also, me being me, I just had to throw them a little curveball, and stir a lil more petty drama between them, just because I enjoy writing this kinds of situations lol sorry🤷🏾‍♀️😭

Melody's P.O.V.

Marshall and I have both decided that we would get married after his Monster Tour with Rihanna. Just easier that way for us to plan the wedding, without having to worry about anything else.

I couldn't, unfortunately, join him on tour right away, because something has popped up with Lyric. She has been acting up in school apparently, now that Marshall and I have finally decided to stop home schooling her and sent her to an actual school that she has to attend with other kids here in Detroit, and I had to take care of that.

Marshall flipped out when I told him too. Damn near left his whole tour and came running to take care of the problem, but I reassured him I've got it all under control.

Even though I, myself, wasn't even sure of all that.

And yet, I was able to handle it after all.

Now, today, I'm finally flying out to see him.

My mother, whom I had recently flown to Detroit as well, is watching Lyric for us.

And I get off Marshall's private jet and get in a hired car he has sent for me.

Excuse me, did I mean to say, my fiance, has sent for me? Yeah, that's what I thought.

The driver drops me off right in front of the studio where Marshall, Rihanna and Denaun are doing rehearsals for their whole performance onstage.

When I walk onto the building, I see that they are currently rehearsing that stupid ass Ice Bucket Challenge.

This shit has been trending like crazy lately. People having a bucket full of ice or ice-cold water thrown on them.

And, apparently, Marshall and Rihanna were both asked to do this shit during their tour, in the name of charity.

Marshall loves charities. He's always down to help people in need in Detroit, and anywhere else for that matter, so they definitely got him with this.

I walk into the room and see him seated in a chair.

Rihanna stands over him with a bucket full of ice, while Denaun is just chilling on the side.

I watch as Marshall takes of his Kangol hat, he's been wearing those a lot lately, as a kind of tribute to Proof, and I internally cringe at his newly bleached blond hair.

I'm going to be honest with y'all, the first time I've seen him with it, it did scare me just a little bit, just because if what this hair represents. For a whole second there, I thought he was THAT guy again. Then eventually I realized that he's not, and he could never be. Way too many things have changes since then.

And yet, that hair still unnerved me a bit initially.

Not anymore though, I know now that my man knows better, and I fucking believe in him.