49. Lady

Melody's P.O.V.

I manage to keep my distance from Marshall for a whole of two weeks.

Then, after two weeks of me living back in New York again, Marshall has to fly out here to do an appearance on TRL Live, and of course, he ends up stopping by at my place when he does that, and we spend the night together.

Then, like a day after he goes back to Detroit, he calls me back flipping out, because some stupid gossip mag had spread a rumor that I was dating some male model, which was absolutely not true. What actually happened, was that I was at this event where the said male model tried striking a conversation with me, but I shut him down, but of course, some asshole photographer managed to snap a picture of him putting his hand on the small of my back, literally a second before I removed his hand.

Marshall was all like oh, that's why you wanted space from me, so you could be a slut out there?!

And that actually made me feel bad, because even though I've done nothing wrong, I can now see how he would be upset for how I had "punished" him for the whole Kim situation that he was also not to blame for.

A few days after that, Marshall was back in New York again, and we had another fight, only to end-up hooking up right after.

At some point, Marshall even met my mother, and let me tell you, she did not like him at all.

Which in turn actually caused me and her to fight, because regardless of how I might feel about him at any point, I'm not about to let anybody else talk shit to me about him, even if it is my own family.

Now it's been like another week or so, and today, I'm actually flying to Detroit, because it's supposed to be Marshall's new artist from his label, Obie Trice's debut album release party, and Marshall called me and invited me to come.

The party is supposed to be held at a local night club.

When I get there, Marshall is actually nowhere to be found, but that's to be expected, because I know that he's supposed to be performing with Obie on stage at some point, so I guess he's in some dressing room right now getting ready.

"Yo wassup, Mel, how you been girl," the rest of D12 suddenly walk up to me from the sea of people at the party.

"Wassup guys," I hug every one of them.

We all go to the bar and catch up for a few minutes.

The guys all order a bunch of shots, but I don't partake, because I don't know what's been up with me the last few days, but I'm just never feeling well, and I don't think it would be a good idea for me to drink anything right now. I'm not trying to be throwing up all over the place. I think I might have caught some type of a bug or something. I honestly almost didn't even come today, but I was hoping I would feel better, but apparently that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Then Porter suddenly says, bringing me out of my thoughts:

"So you are here, which means it's gonna be hella drama tonight, huh."

"What's that supposed to mean," I frown, and they all kind of look at each other and laugh uncomfortably, and then Proof pulls me to the side.

"Look Mel, I shouldn't be telling you this," he says, "but you might hear something you ain't gonna like when Em gets on that stage. And I'm only telling you this because I do want y'all two crazy asses to work things out between y'all, cause frankly, it stresses the fuck out of the rest of us when y'all fight, cause all he does then is just fucking talk my ears and the rest of the guys ears off about it, and we are all sick and tired of it by this point. Which is why I was telling the idiot to just either give you a heads up or not even do the damn song, but he won't listen to me."