21. Mixed Signals

Melody's P.O.V.

Still dressed in my red bathing suit, I storm towards where I know Marshall's dressing room is.

His bodyguard stops me real quick though. Like I'm some fucking groupie or something.

I take out my phone and actually dial Marshall's number. I'm nervous for a quick second there that he might not even pick up, but he does.

"Yo?"

"Don't yo me nothing. Can you call off your watch dog, please? I really need to talk to you."

Marshall tells the bodyguard I can go in, so I do.

As soon as I see him, I storm towards him and slap the shit out of him.

"Fuck is your problem, bitch?" He exclaims.

"You are my problem! Don't you ever in your motherfucking life put your hands on me like that again!!"

"Huh? What?!"

"Marshall, what you did on that stage was disrespectful."

"Are you... are you high right now?"

"No. Don't confuse myself with you, or your coke-up wife."

"Well, you sure sound high right now. Either that, or you are out of your goddamn mind. Like... it was part of the performance. Mel, I did that to all of them girls up on that stage. Don't flatter yourself, baby. You ain't special."

I feel tears start to bubble up in my eyes, and I hold them back, knowing that I'll only look like a damn fool that I am. I know it would be very irrational of me to cry right now. Hell, I know that my whole reaction to this thing is probably irrational and I'm blowing this way out of proportion, but I just can't help myself.

Something about how Marshall never wanted to so much as put his arm around me in public, cause he "doesn't do that public display of affection thing" back when we were... we were... whatever the fuck we were doing. But now, all of a sudden, he gonna feel me up on stage in front of all these people?! I don't know, but something about that just cut me real deep and hurt me real bad.

"So, you think that it makes it okay then?!" I scream out. "It makes that ok that you were up there harassing all them other girls up on stage too, and not just me?!"

"Yo, first, lower your goddamn voice. Second, Mel, are you hearing yourself right now?! I ain't harass anybody, them girls didn't seem to mind. You literally are the only one with the damn problem."

"Oh, I guess it makes it alright then. I get it."

I take a deep breath.

"You know what, Marshall? I'm done with this whole thing. I'm out of here. One thing I promise you though is this. Touch me again, and I'll fucking kill you."

I start walking away from him.

"Oh, you'll kill me, huh?" He pipes up behind my back. He sounds amused by my words, and I fucking hate it. "Ok, so what you gonna do now?"

Before I know it, he grabs me from behind, and his hands start roaming all over my body. Just like he had done on stage, only worse.

"What are you gonna do, Mel?" He asks me, challenging me.

And, fuck my life, but my body responds to him instantly. I don't want to feel it, but there's that ever so familiar electric current going through me like lightning. I can't help the fact that I want him. And I am now very much so aware of the fact that I barely even have any clothes on me, and that would give him a very easy access to me. And it would be so easy to just let him have it. Cause that's what I want too.