32. 8 Mile & Other things

Marshall's P.O.V.

"Cut!" The director Curtis Hanson yells, and me and the actress Brittany Murphy pull away from each other.

"That was good, guys, you both did great," says Curtis. "Now you have to do the scene again, and we'll shoot in from another angle."

Again?!

I groan internally to myself. Never in my life thought I would complain about having to makeout with a beautiful woman, but honestly shooting a sex scene in front of a bunch of people is not really all that hot at all.

It's fucking awkward and it's annoying. And for far, it's been the worst thing about agreeing to do this 8 Mile movie.

Nah, I lie. The worst part is not being able to get any fucking rest.

I am on set every goddamn day, working 12 hour shifts, and I still have to fund time to make it to the studio with Dre later and work on my next album. And D12's new album. And also this guy 50 Cent, whose album I've been producing.

By the time I finally do manage to take my ass to my bed at home, I feel so fucking exhausted, all I wanna do is to just pass out and sleep.

Only... for whatever fucked ass reason, I'm just not able to sleep. I lay there every damn night, feeling tired and drowsy, waiting for the sleep to come, but it just never does.

Because as tired as I am, I'm also hyper. My mind is racing non-stop, and it's like torture.

Imma have to up my medicine, I think, if I were to ever get any rest.

So that's what imma do, I guess, I think absent-mindedly to myself, as I go and repeat the sex scene once again with Brittany who plays my love interest in this movie.

We go through the same exact motions, with a whole bunch of people staring at us the whole time and giving us pointers on what to do and how to do it.

Once we are finally done, I go to grab some lunch in my trailer. I ask Brittany if she wants to come with me.

I think she kind of likes me to be honest. And I won't mind at all to go and do that scene with her in real life, away from the stupid cameras.

Long story short, me and Brittany ended-up hooking up, and I guess we are kind of dating now.

Not exclusively though.

She might think we are a couple, but I've also been hooking up with a singer Mariah Carey. She was supposed to do this song Superman with me for the new album, but that ended-up falling through, so I ended up having Dina to sing on the hook with me instead. But I still got Mariah's number and well, one thing let to another.

I have to keep that a secret from Brittany though, cause she's kind of attached to me. I think the poor girl likes me way more than she should, but that's her problem to be honest.

Me, I'm done with females. In any other kind of way but fucking them and getting what I want from them, they are useless to me.

And it's a good thing that being who I am, running out of bitches that want to fuck me is never even an option.

Like I said, bitches they come they go.

And that's how I like it.

But I would be lying if I said I don't miss Melody sometimes.

I mean, I ain't got a whole lot of time left to even be thinking about her much, what with all of shit I have to do every day, but there are times when I'm sitting by myself in the empty house, when my daughters are with Kim, and Nate is with my mother, and I would just randomly think about how this crazy overemotional girl used to stay in here with me.