47. Momma

Melody's P.O.V.

"Melody, has it ever occurred to you that he might be telling the truth?" Tessa asks me over the phone, and I pull it away from my ear and frown at it.

Like, is she fucking for real?!

The last couple of days, I've been staying at some hotel in Detroit, ignoring all of Marshall's calls.

Like, what could he possibly have to say to me at this point after what he's done?!

It didn't stop him from leaving me all kinds of voicemails and text messages though, all of which was him trying to spew some ridiculous ass story at me about how Kim basically tricked him, got him drunk, climbed into bed with him while he was sleeping, but he never actually laid a finger on her, let alone his dick. He must think me to be a real idiot to believe in something like this.

I honestly must be one though, cause my dumb ass is still in Detroit. I should've been got on a first plane smoking back to New York at this point.

Now, I'm venting to Tessa about the whole thing.

I really shouldn't even be doing this, Tessa being my agent and not my actual friend, but being that I no longer have any friends I could possibly confide in, I kind of was getting closer to Tessa lately. She's been by my side for the longest after all, and she's had my back from day one since I started modeling.

But right now though, right now she is seriously pissing me off.

"Are you serious, Tess?!" I exclaim. "Why are you taking his side all of a sudden? I thought you didn't even like Marshall."

"I'm not on his side at all, Mel," she sighs. "As you very well know, I don't even like you and Eminem together. You know very well how I feel about this whole thing with you two, actually. I don't think he's good for your image. I've always thought that. But even so, I just... I don't know, I think you should maybe hear him out? That crazy story he told you about his ex-wife, it just sounds way too outlandish and ridiculous for it to be a lie, if that makes sense? Like, he really couldn't have come up with a better explanation for how he ended-up in bed with her that day?"

"Like what, though?" I ask incredulously. "What explanation could he possibly have for it, period? Like, how could he possibly explain that, other than the fact that he simply can't keep his hands off of the bitch?"

"Well, Mel, from what you've told me, and from what I know about the two of you, it seems to me like you are the one he can't keep his hands off of. Plus, if he really wants her and not you, like you think, then why would he keep calling you, chasing you, and trying to convince you? I mean, if he really just wanted to be with Kim, then why won't he just be with her then? Why does he keep insisting on you hearing him out?" Tessa asks me, and I can't deny that she does have a point.

Kind of? But then again, she doesn't know Marshall as well as I do.

I don't know what to do, I really fucking don't...

"Oh. And Melody," Tessa then suddenly says to me after hesitating for a bit. "I don't know how to tell you this but your mother is trying to contact you."

"My mother?" I ask incredulously. Now that's odd. I haven't spoken to my mother in years.

"Yeah, I know it's a sensitive subject with you, so I wasn't sure how to bring it up. But this woman called me, and she said she was your mother, and she asked for your new number. I didn't give it to her, but I took hers in case you wanted to contact her yourself."