71. Teenage Love Affair

Melody's P.O.V.

I have now been back home in New York for a whole month.

I stay at the house I've bought for my mother, and Lyric is currently being homeschooled here.

My modeling agency is doing really well, like I've been signing aspiring models left and right. I don't know if it's because of my name attached to it or what, but there are quite a few girls that come to us, wanting for my agency to represent them. Tessa is doing a great job running it for me when I'm not there too, I feel like she was truly a godsend to me.

In the meantime, I was even approached with offers to start my own reality TV show, kind of similar to ANTM, but I've turned that down.

Simply because that after being a guest judge on a show like that myself, as much as I've enjoyed the experience at the time, I've come to realize that programs like this are never actually about helping aspiring models, but more so about extorting them for views. And I don't want to be like this.

When I look at these girls, all I see is myself when I was that young and just trying to make it in this industry, and I truly just want to help them. So that's what I'll do.

Today was an especially busy day for me.

I can't wait to get home and just hug Lyric and my mother.

I then relax myself in a bubble bath, because some things just don't change.

As I'm soaking in the tub, Lyric suddenly walk in with my cellphone in her hand.

"Mommy, it's for you," she says.

"Who is it, sweetie?"

"Daddy," she smiles.

I extend my hand to her, and Lyric swiftly deposits the small device in my palm as she runs away.

"Hello?"

"Yo wassup. I ain't hear from you in a while. How you been," I now hear Marshall's voice at the other end of the line, and I can't help but smile at it.

"Oh shit hey. I've been kind of busy, sorry," I reply quietly. I get myself more comfortable in the tub and pull my knees close to my chest, hugging myself.

"Yeah? How are things going over there? With your agency."

"I think it's good. Great, actually."

"I figured that. You know I'm proud of you, right baby?"

"Are you now?"

"I really fucking am. Looks at ya, a whole business woman now. An entrepreneur. "

"Hardly," I giggle, playing with the bubbles in the water like a small child.

"You are. Don't do that, babe, don't downplay your achievements like that," Marshall says to me, voice turning dead ass serious now.

"Okay, I won't," I smile, and I don't know what's going on with me. I feel like a school girl with a crush on a older boy or something. "And thanks, Marshall, that really means a lot to me."

"You're welcome. What are you doing now anyway?"

"Just relaxing in this bubble bath," I reply absent-mindedly, without thinking much about saying that to him.

"Yeah? Can I see?" Marshall chuckles quietly on the phone, and I roll my eyes.

"Marshall!!" I exclaim.

"I'm just playing with you yo."

"Sure you were."

"Yo, did you just roll your eyes at me?" Marshall asks me, and my eyes shoot wide open.