61. Same Song And Dance

Marshall's P.O.V.

I sit at the After Party for the recent BET awards in New York, and I feel like everything around me is moving in slow motion.

Too many drugs in my system mixed with alcohol maybe, or maybe it's the fact that I'm fucking pissed and am trying my best to control my temper.

Ja Rule is here with his fucking entourage and it takes everything in me not to go up to him and just punch him in the face on sight.

But I know that it's not the place nor the time. Proof keeps telling me so, and I know that he's right. Last thing I need is to end-up in fucking tabloids again.

Especially considering the fact that Kim practically threw a fit about me going to this party once she caught wind that Melody is gonna be there too. I don't know what the fuck is up with her lately, but she literally don't want me so much as in the same room with Melody. She feels more threatened by Mel than she's ever been ever since Ja's shitty ass song for some reason. And the irony of that is that she literally don't got shit to worry about cause Melody don't want me. Like, she literally wants nothing to do with me, so Kim might as well chill.

She won't though, and she pretty much told me that if I went to New York, I would regret it when I got back. To which I just laughed cause this bitch should know better than to try threatening me like this.

Still though, I don't need no drama at home. So I'm trying my best to be cool and behave.

Then Melody walks in with that friend of hers, Tessa or whatever that girl's name is.

I feel a combination of anger and longing.

I wanna just go to her and be a total pussy and try to get her to talk to me.

I also wanna go up to her and just fucking hurt her for what she did.

I haven't talked to her since Ja's song was released cause I just know imma lose it and confront her, but then, technically I have no right to even confront her on that, and I know that.

I fucking left her. For Kim. Again. Something that I promised her I would never do. Nevermind my motives for that, I still fucked-up. And I know that I fucking crushed her with that, so frankly, I really don't got no room to even be pissed at her for fucking with my enemy. At this point, I'm lucky that she didn't marry the motherfucker just to get back at me.

And yet, I am still pissed, and part of me fucking hates her for doing what she did.

But, for the first time in my fucking life, I can't find the words to fucking express myself, so I stayed silent.

I would deal with Ja Rule though.

That motherfucker knew exactly what he was doing when he decided to fuck my fucking girl and then rap about it.

And the thing is, the way he went about it, if I respond back to him now, imma be dissing Melody as well as him, and I don't wanna do that. I've already hurt her enough saying dumb shit about her in my songs out of anger, and I'm fucking done with that. I would never do that to her again.

So I guess I'll have to just beat Ja's ass then. Like literally beat his ass and not just in a song.

But not right now. Not the time nor the place, right? Remember that, Marshall. Get a fucking grip.

Now I'm here with Proof and the rest of the guys. Fifty and G-Unit are also here.

This party is real nice too, but to be honest, after all these years of partying and clubbing whenever I got a chance too, I'm getting kind of tired of this whole scene. Literally the same shit happens at these parties all the time.