33. Superman

Melody's P.O.V.

Four months later, and I am getting ready to attend this year's VMAs.

With Nelly.

Well, Cornell...

Long story short, he simply refused to leave me alone.

Even though I have thrown away his number and never called him, he still somehow managed to get mine.

Well, not really that much of a mystery there. Tessa gave it to him. She just felt like she was looking out for me.

Cornell seemed like a nice guy to her, and a huge upgrade from Marshall, whom Tessa felt it was about time I have gotten over.

So, she ended-up letting Cornell have my number.

And he kept calling.

Until, like he so eloquently put it, he managed to wear me down.

I had agreed to go on a date with him, just so he would leave me be.

I figured that I would be such a bitch to him on that date, that he won't even want to go out with me ever again.

Only...

He had managed to prove himself such a gentleman on that first date, that I no longer wanted to get away from him?

I mean, he is nice.

Cornell is so nice. And sweet.

He treats me so well, and my relationship with him is like an opposite of what I've had with Marshall.

I never have to doubt myself. I never have to feel insecure. I never have to doubt whether he cares about me or now.

Cause I know that he does.

Not to mention, that unlike Marshall, Cornell doesn't have no stupid ass ex-wife he is still madly in love with that I have to complete with.

Cornell is all mine.

Now, of course, if I am being totally honest with myself, I do miss certain things about mine and Marshall's relationship too.

Fuck my life, but I do miss the drama. I miss the passion. I miss the makeup sex.

In a really weird way, I even miss Marshall's possessive ways.

It really showed me he cared, I guess.

I miss the quiet and unexpectedly cute moments that we used to have together too. Like when we would cuddle in bed in front of the TV, and he would tell me I was his girl.

I miss falling asleep next to him.

And I miss the excitement too.

Me and Cornell don't exactly have that.

We do have the stability though.

Cornell is just... safe.

I feel super comfortable with him, and that's exactly what I needed to be honest.

So yeah, VMAs tonight, Nelly's #1 is nominated for best male video.

Coincidentally, he is up against Eminem's Without Me.

I guess I should be glad that it's Without Me, and not Superman.

I fucking hate that song!!

Marshall, petty as he is, really went in on me in that one.

Am I too nice?
Buy you ice
Bitch if you died, wouldn't buy you life
What you tryin' to be? My new wife?
What you Melody, fly through twice