19. Not So Hard To Get

Melody's P.O.V.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come with us?" Jasmine asks me, as she and LaLa are getting ready to leave.

"I'm good, guys. Y'all go ahead and have fun."

I really am not in the mood to go to a club with my friends tonight, so I'm just gonna stay at home and be a couch potato.

"I've got my snacks prepared and everything," I proudly announce, shifting through my collection of VHS tapes I have rented from blockbuster.

"Snack?! Girl, you know damn well you're not allowed to eat junk anymore. You have to eat healthy to keep that figure. It's your money maker now, you better not mess that up," says LaLa.

I just give her a dirty look.

"Nothing comes between me and my snacks. Worst comes to worst, I'll just work out and burn it off, but I don't think that I'll have to cause my metabolism is pretty fast."

I'm kind of lying through my teeth, cause my agency has kind of been on my about my weight. Which is crazy to me, because as far as I was always concerned, I was never fat by any means. I'm just... normal. But apparently, being a model and all, I'm supposed to be even more skinny than I already am, so I do have to lose a couple pounds. Which I'm gonna get to soon. But tonight I just wanna relax and enjoy myself, so whatever.

One of the other girls in the agency told me that there's a trick of getting rid of all of the calories you've consumed quick, and it didn't sound like the most wholesome thing to do to me, but who knows, maybe I'll try it one day if I'm desperate enough.

"Okay then, girl," Jasmine says to me. "We are off then."

They are just about to walk out of the door, when LaLa turns back and gives me a concerned look.

"You know one day you'll have to move on from him, right?" It's pretty obvious who she's referring to, even though she doesn't actually says the name. "Don't shut yourself in the house and bury yourself in work, thinking about somebody that's not thinking about you."

She's right, I guess, but I still roll my eyes at her.

Then Jasmine butts in with another unnecessary comment:

"Yeah, especially now that you finally lost that damn v-card, time to go out there and meet people, now that you're over that asexual crap."

"Wow, really, Jas," now I'm really getting annoyed and just wish the both of them would just get gone, and go party at that stupid club they keep trying to drag me into. "What the fuck does that even mean?"

"Don't get your panties all in the bunch, girl, shit!! I'm just saying, you're finally fucking now, so..."

"And I'm still asexual. Just cause I was attracted to that one guy and had sex, doesn't mean it had somehow cured me of my asexuality. Not that there was anything to cure me off in the first place, it's just me. I'm just not attracted to people in general, and I'm not gonna force myself to..."

"Well, technically you had sex with two guys now, so..."

"So, still, nothing!! I'm still asexual. I'm still who I am, yall just don't wanna accept that."

"Oh, so you're back to living like a nun again now, is that what it is?"

"No, I'm not. If I ever feel like messing with somebody, I will. But I definitely am not about to go club hopping just to find a dude to go home with and have a one night stand. That is still not me."

"Whatever, Mel. I think your problem is that you're still stuck on the white boy. You'll get over his ass one day though."

"Okay, time for the both of y'all to go. Love y'all, bye!"