229.Old Man

“I used my brother’s card to pay for the apartment. The apartment was also signed under his name.” Lisa stared at Jungkook with wide, honest eyes. “There are records for the transaction. You can check the papers for the ownership of the apartment.”

“What’s there to check?” Jungkook returned Lisa’s gaze with a doting look. “I already know about this.”

Lisa paused. She then asked him unhappily. “You investigated my actions behind my back?”

“No.” His voice was calm and as cold as ice. “The one I investigated was Fang Shaohua. I was keeping tabs on his accounts.”

He had been uninterested in Sehun.

However, he saw that his fiancée was extremely concerned about him. Although he had promised not to interfere, it did not mean he could not keep an eye out on Sehun.

Eunha was covered in cold sweat.

It turned out that Jungkook already knew about this.There really wasn’t anything that could escape his scrutiny!

Did this mean that Jungkook had been waiting to watch them embarrass themselves?

Thankfully, she had left this matter to Sana. Otherwise, she would have been doomed.

Lilan and Shuhai also shared similar thoughts.

Sana began shouting in disbelief. “Lisa, since the money came from your elder brother, and you were buying an apartment for him, why would you tell Liu Ling that he is an old man?”

“Please.” Lisa rolled her eyes at her. “This princess is nineteen years old this year. My brother, Sehun, is six years older than I am. How could he not be old? What’s wrong with calling him an old man…”

The more she spoke, the softer her voice became.

This was because she suddenly recalled that Jungkook and Sehun were of the same age.

Did she just make a serious mistake?

“Very good.” Jungkook’s handsome features suddenly became frighteningly dark. He gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes to respond to Lisa, “Those who are six years older than you are considered to be ‘old men’? Right?”

His gaze was as sharp as an X-ray. It nearly pierced her alive.

Lisa’s soul trembled for a moment. She waved her hands weakly in the air. “No, no, no, six years is barely anything. I mean it. Take CEO Jeon for example. You’re still outstandingly handsome. The whole world shivers at the sight of you.”

Jungkook’s expression lightened slightly. “Don’t use the word ‘handsome’ for any other man. You can only use it for me!”

“Yes, yes, yes.” Lisa was used to coaxing him and was no longer genuinely afraid of him.

She… simply liked him and loved him.

This princess shall be generous and accepting. ‘I’ll give into him’.

Jungkook considered the way she easily succumbed to his demands. He also took into account the flattery she was heaping on him and decided not to be petty with her. However, he still emphasised. “We’re both older than you by six years, but I’m young. Lee Sehun is an old man!”

“That’s right, that’s right.” Liss nodded like a little bird. “Mr. CEO, everything you say is right.”

Jungkook rubbed Lisa’s head in satisfaction.

Sana watched their interaction and began to feel suspicious.

Why did this dumb wench appear to be so familiar with Jungkook? She was even sitting right next to him.

Eunha on the other hand, was standing far away with an overly cautious appearance.

She was about to voice out her suspicions when Liu Ling’s voice could suddenly be heard through the speakerphone. “I’ve caught the gist of the situation. You’re misunderstanding that Miss Lalisa is being kept by an older man. I guarantee that Miss Lee was purchasing a house on her brother’s behalf. The ownership document for the apartment has her brother’s name written on it. Miss Lee told me that her brother acts quite old-fashioned at times and simply joked that he is an old man. I never expected this to cause a misunderstanding.”