269.Mother Was Not Even Afraid Of The Cemetery

Then, she went to search for the same in Shuhai and Eunha’s rooms. The result was the same.

Normally, was it difficult to find the owner’s hair in their room?

This was not Lisa’s first time searching their rooms for traces of hair, saliva or blood.

Her goal was to conduct a DNA test and to clarify their relationship with her.

However, every attempt was futile.

Their rooms were thoroughly cleaned. Clearly, they were wary of her, weren’t they?

The more wary they were, the more suspicious they looked.

Lisa smirked coldly. Did they think she would be helpless just because of this?

None of them knew of her special abilities.

She decided not to continue with her secret search. It was rather simple to directly obtain strands of their hair instead.

As she deliberated over it, she turned around and headed downstairs.

At this moment, her phone rang from her pocket. She was still in Lilan’s room. She checked the caller’s ID and noted that the call was from Lilan.

She switched her phone to silent mode and did not answer it.

She then quickly headed for the stairwell and noticed Lilan speaking to the Lee family’s helper, Auntie Qiu.

“Where’s Lisa?” Lilan questioned her.

“She’s in her room and hasn’t come out at all.” Auntie Qiu, who had been keeping tabs the entire time reported diligently.

Lilan approached one of the doors on the second floor and knocked on it. “Lisa, ah. Are you in there? Why didn’t you answer mom’s call?”

Lisa quickly headed down to the second floor and silently walked past Lilan’s side.

Lilan abruptly sensed someone brushing past her. She turned around but did not see anyone. “Auntie Qiu, were you behind me earlier?”

“No.” Auntie Qiu stood more than ten steps away from her. “I’ve been standing here the entire time. I didn’t approach you.”

“That’s strange. It feels as if someone was standing right next to me.”

Lisa did not expect Lilan to be this alert. To think that she would notice her even when she had concealed herself completely.

Thus, she stood in front of Lilan and blew softly against her neck.

Lilan immediately jerked in surprise. Her scalp tingled uncomfortably and she shrieked in fright. “Ah!”

“Madam, what’s wrong!” Auntie Qiu rushed over in concern.

“Someone blew against my neck…” Lilan’s complexion was pale.

Auntie Qiu searched her surroundings. “I don’t see anyone, ah.”

At this moment, a cool breeze came in through the windows. “It’s the wind, Madam. You must be too tired and hence, are feeling overly tense.”

“Maybe.” Lisa patted her chest in fright.

Lisa had been carefully watching Lilan’s reaction. Her expression darkened.

She suddenly recalled a very old memory.

At the time, she had only been nine years old. In the middle of the night, her mom had driven her to a cemetery outside the city.

“Mom, why are we at a cemetery in the middle of the night?” She had been young at the time and did not understand the reason for this visit.

Her mom watched her with a loving gaze as she responded. “Because your grandparents are buried here, ah. Mom misses them, so I brought you here to visit them.”

At the time, she had taken in the sight of the cemetery and held her mom’s hand tightly. “But it’s so dark at night. It’s scary…”

Her mother had knelt down to embrace her. “Be good, Lili. Mom will protect you. You have to remember, there are no ghosts in this world. Even if there are, as long as we haven’t done anything wrong, we have nothing to fear. Mom brought you here to build your courage. We’ll leave after we burn some money for your grandparents.”

“Okay.”