5

Liliana

Have you ever felt numb? So numb you've lost all feeling in yourself? Kind of like when you do something dangerous and can't feel the pain because of the adrenaline?

Have you ever felt as though you have no emotions? As if suddenly they were just magically gone?

That's how I feel.

When the ring of fire disappeared with the white light all that was left was me with blood slowly dripping from my nose and the body of Jessica in front of me in the middle of the pond.

I don't know how long I stood there water up to my waist but it felt like it was hours.

It turns out it was less than five minutes.

Everything around us was silent you could quite literally hear a pin drop.

I wiped my tear stained face before grabbing Jessica's now dead and lifeless body and making my way back to the rosy fields.

I laid her down and rested her head in my lap while my legs were crossed.

I moved her wet hair from her face and hugged her.

I could feel the presence of the pack around me.

Embry stood in front of us and kneeled down and grabbed her cold hand.

His eyes were just as dull and lifeless as mine he lost his imprint which is a big deal.

I'm not sure how they handle losing their imprints but I know in that moment it seemed as though time had slowed.

Vampire Side
Witch Side
Wolf side

Turn it off

Who said that?

Lilith

Who the hell is Lilith?

I'm your vampire side

Since when do vampire sides have names and speak?

It's only because you're a tribrid handling three different supernatural forms is not easy which is why we exist to keep you balanced if you get out of control we take over

That doesn't explain the whole turn it off thing

Your humanity

Y-You want me to flip my humanity switch...?

It's the only way to cease the pain of her death

Don't listen to her Lily!

Who the fuck are you?!

Im your witch side Marisol

Okay at this point Crystal is the only one who's name isn't originated from my actual names.

Flipping your humanity isn't a good idea

And why not? Can't you feel how she's feeling? She won't cope well!

Yea well if she flips it it'll make things worse!

Crystal stay out of this! You guys are so weak! Can't you see this'll only end badly!

It's bad enough she hates being immortal if she flips her switch the possibilities of her coming back is slim!

Your point?

She could go on a killing spree dumbass!

So be it then!

So be it?! Are you out of your mind!?

No I'm just doing what's best for her!

Lilith she has mates!

Exactly! If she flips it then it won't end well!

While my three supernatural sides had an internal battle on the outside I was on auto pilot.

I just sat on the ground motionless listening to the three argue back and forth on what I should do and what I shouldn't do.

What what be better and what would not benefit anyone.

While both Crystal and Marisol was opposed to Lolita's idea Lilith was determined her idea was best.

I don't know how long I sat there but I do know that I felt a pair of arms around me I kept a hold of Jess but my face was buried in Paul's chest.

I didn't want to let her go she's my best friend my sister in all but blood.

Minutes turned into hours and it was now twelve in the morning.

The three girls had ceased arguing not being able to come up with a solution and because I was no longer listening to them.

Eventually I decided to get up I felt weak and useless.

What's the point in being a powerful being if I can't even protect the people I care about?

"Hey it's not your fault you couldn't have known Jess would be there" Embry said hugging me trying to reassure me despite him being the one who lost his everything.

"You're wrong Em...what's the point in being a powerful immortal freak if I can't protect the ones I care about?" I asked as he pulled back and grabbed me by the shoulders.

"Liliana Marissa Mikaelson you are not weak you are the strongest person I know Jess would not want you to be like this so the anger you feel use that to finish the redhead leech" his eyes bore into mine.

I nodded a determined look in my eyes before picking Jess up and bring her over to a patch of yellow roses.

They remind me of her they formed a circle that I sat her inside of and she fit perfectly.

I grabbed other flowers from around the field and decorated her body with them like Katniss did for the little girl in the hunger games.

For a while we sat there processing but we also knew this wouldn't solve our problems.

I was determined to bring her back somehow some way even if it killed me.

As everyone got up to leave a new found emotion of determination flowed through me I slid on a ring which would act as a talisman.

I kissed her forehead before standing up "I'll kill her Jess"

I'll do it for you...