Chapter 39

“So ~ How was your date with Jungkook?” Lisa asked as she entered Taehyung's room. “Oh, honey, go watch the kids for me.”

Taehyung glanced at Lisa before shifting his eyes towards the male behind her.

“Alright.” Heesu, an alpha, replied before he left Taehyung's room.

“Can't believe you caught such a handsome and obedient husband.” Taehyung spoke as he gave Lisa a meaningful stare. “10 years ago you were literally drooling over Jungkook and trynna separate us.”

With the mention of her past obsession toward Jungkook, Lisa's expression turned sour. “Can you not? That was so cringe.”

“You should have thought about that before going gaga over him then.” Taehyung responded before clearing his throat. “Anyways, it was... I'm thinking of giving up.”

The female omega gave Taehyung a light slap on the arm as she rolled her eyes. “Give up? You went on one date with him and you already don't wanna continue?—” Lisa paused and gasped before continuing. “OMG?! Is he like super disgusting now? Like unkempt beard, messy hair, bad odor, pimples everywhere, fa—”

“Stop! Stop. Alright. He's not like that and even if he was... I would still love him no matter what.” Taehyung cuts off before he looked down on his fingers. “He's not interested in me. He prefer girls now, I think...?”

Lisa huffed before she placed her hand on either side of Taehyung's shoulders. “Does that mean I get to seduce him?”

Taehyung glared at, probably, one of his bestest friends. “You have two kids and you've got an amazing husband, why would you want an amnesiac like Jungkook who is probably infatuated with his coworker?” Taehyung questioned. “Heck, I'll bet he's gonna be so happy if I tell him I give up so then he could live his happily ever after with that coworker of his that I want to rip to shreds.”

The female omega sighed as she wiped the tears trailing off of Taehyung's face. Ten years ago she would have laughed at the Taehyung before her, she would have told the male how pathetic he looked and that's what he deserves getting his heart broken, but that was in the past, ever since the male omega woke up they somehow got closer to each other, as if they weren't rivals towards a certain man's heart before. Taehyung was like a little brother to her even though they were the same age, probably because of how lost he was with the current setting of the world.

“Lisa, I don't know what to do.” Taehyung cries out as he buries his face on his hand. “I seem to not move from the starting line. Each time I take a step forward he takes two. Each time I try to reach for him it's as if he just keeps getting further and further away.”

With tears welling up on her own eyes she pulled Taehyung in her embrace. She doesn't know what to say, but she couldn't leave him either. All she could do was weep with him, seemingly sharing the other omegas pain.

Suddenly, the door swung open, Heesu, with sweat dripping down his chin, showed up, his eyebrows knitted in worry. “Oh, God. You guys scared me.”

“I told you to watch the kids!” Lisa exclaimed scolding his husband.

“But you were giving off a distressed signal! How can I just leave you be?” Heesu asked as he looked over Taehyung.

-—×

Come to me.

Jungkook frowned as he looked around. He swore he heard someone.

Lately, he has been hearing the most random things, should he get checked? What if they put him in a mental asylum? Has he finally gone crazy because of his thoughts towards Taehyung?