Chapter 30

Jungkook tapped his fingers on the table as he frowned. His eyes shifted towards the man by his left before heaving a sigh.

Taehyung met those sharp eyes of his. His heart drumming in his rib cage as he clenched his fist. He was anticipating Jungkook's next move, and as soon as their eyes met, his sight narrowed.

The omega turned to look at the person sitting by his left and in front of Jungkook before looking at Jin who was awaiting for Jungkook to do something.

"Reverse. Block. Reverse." he said before smiling victoriously. He started throwing reverse and blocks till there was only two cards left in his hand.

Kai hummed as he waits for the plus four card to be dropped, which Jungkook did immediately.

With the thought of him being the winner, he was about to throw the last card he was holding since Kai will pick up the cards when the little boy chuckled playfully before looking up to Jungkook, eyes peeking through the top of the cards.

Kai dropped one of the plus fours he was holding before lowering his cards to show his arched lips. "Daddy, you're too excited to win, please pick up the cards." Kai said.

Jungkook groaned before picking up 8 cards from the pile. He pouted and made Kai do a move.

Kai nodded and threw plus two, which to Jungkook responded with the plus two he was holding on to, only for Kai to add another plus two to the dump pile.

This caused Jungkook to throw his cards on the dump pile. "I surrender." he said already thinking of the cards his son was holding.

Kai hummed before dumping his deck to the pile too. It had another plus four and three plus twos. Obviously, whatever play Jungkook made, he was to lose.

"Can I have ice cream now?" Kai asked as he turned to his other father, who was laughing joyfully with Jin, before jumping down the chair and walking over to Taehyung.

Taehyung grinned and picked up Kai. "Of course, baby. What do you want?"

"I want cookies and cream!" Kai exclaimed as he threw his arms in the air, with his fist closed.

"But it's already 11 pm, Taehyung. It's past Kai's sleeping time, you can't make him eat ice cream. We should put him to sleep. Also he's got classes tomorrow." Jungkook said, wanting to put the child to sleep.

Taehyung elbows Jungkook's stomach before he walks towards the fridge with Kai. "Isn't that what the uno was for? For us to determine whether Kai gets to eat ice cream or not? It was your fault for losing against a kid."

Jungkook scratched the back of his nape. Somehow he was feeling anxious, and there was a certain tingling feeling inside of him. He heaved a sigh and brushed off whatever he was feeling. "Fine, but Kai have to wake up early, okay? Baby, do you understand that?"

Kai, who Taehyung has put down so that he'll be able to scoop out the ice cream, shifted his gaze towards Jungkook and smiled widely. "I understand!" he exclaimed.

Jungkook softly smiled. "I'll buy you books tomorrow after school do you want that?" Jungkook asked. This... Having Kai is not that bad. It feels... He feels like he's filling a void inside of us.

Hearing this Kai started jumping. "Really? Really?" and to this Jungkook nodded.

—× fragment -

"Jihoon?" Soonyoung called out to the male sitting quietly on the flower field, and resting on his womb and his eyes gazing upon the clear blue sky. Tears stained his reddened cheeks and bruises and cuts littered his once flawless skin. He looked so miserable yet his beauty was still shining so brightly.

Watching him would make your heart ache and feel pity for the poor boy.

Soonyoung approached him with a heavy and fast steps. His worry drawn on his usually serene face. He grabbed Jihoon by the shoulder and pulled him to his embrace. "Who did this to you? Tell me and I will do anything in my power to banish them from our lands— No, wipe them off the face of this planet."

Jihoon shook his head as he softly pushed Soonyoung away. "I— This... I did this to myself." Jihoon spoke.

"W-Why? Why would you do this to yourself?" Soonyoung asked.

Jihoon shifted his gaze towards the scenery in front of him. "I— I did not mean to do it, or cause harm to myself— I was— I was too shaken by the revelations that was dawned upon me that I... I ran away and earn these bruises and cuts." he's responded.

"Why? What— What did they tell you?" Soonyoung asked as he positioned himself to sit beside Jihoon and watch over the scenery.

Jihoon placed his head on Soonyoung's shoulder before taking Soongyoung's hand and started playing with it. "—Pregnant, Soonyoung."

Soonyoung's cheeks somehow flamed when he heard the male's words. "P-Pregnant?! S-Seungcheol's?! But... But— No, no, I'll be the father, I take responsibility of your child—"

"Was. I was pregnant." Jihoon repeated, knowing that Soonyoung probably missed his first words.

Jihoon clutched his chest as he felt the pain of losing his unborn child hit him. His eyes installing watering as he cowers on Soongyoung's embrace. "My baby, the baby I was carrying is dead. I— I wanted to hold him, and give him all the love he needs even tho he'll never know about Seungcheol. I even wanted to call my child Kai or Kyla. But I'll never be able to."