Chapter 23

"Hey there!"the blonde male exclaimed before he shifts his gaze at the child who was clutching Taehyung's clothing, terrified. "Your son? Wait. You just turned eighteen. Perhaps, your younger brother or cousin?"

Taehyung glared at Jimin. "This is my son, although not by blood."the brunette responded with gritted teeth. "Now, I have to go. Please don't show up, ever again."Taehyung added before he started walking away.

"Aww, hold cold."Jimin stated before taking huge steps towards Taehyung. He grab the male's elbow and pins him to the wall.

Taehyung who was holding Kai, pressed the child's face on the neck as he felt the child's fear. "What do you think you're doing?! You're scaring my child!"Taehyung exclaimed.

Jimin chuckled. "Well, you treated me rudely, you know, I'm just not having any of it, being alpha and all. I don't like being ignored."

"What do you want, anyway?"Taehyung questioned.

"I just wanna talk to you, Taehyung, it has been awhile afterall."Jimin answered.

"You wanna talk? We're not even close, plus the last thing that I want is to talk to someone who caused me nothing but tragic memories that destroyed my childhood, once even almost getting me..."Taehyung paused and looks at Kai. "Raped."he said in their inner voices.

Jimin chuckled once again before he backs away from Taehyung. "Oh, come on, that was all in the past, and it was you who won't stop bothering me back then. Acting all friendly with me so your brother won't suspect anything because you don't want him to get into trouble. Uh, how nice and obedient you were to me, almost willing to kneel infront of me and—"

"Shut up, Jimin!"Taehyung exclaimed. "Can you consider the situation? A child is present here, our conversation is not for him to hear. If you would like to bother me, then bother and annoy me next time, atleast when he's not around. Your mouth spews too much inappropriate stuffs."

Jimin smiled before he bobbed his shoulders up and down. "Alright, see you around then."he said and took his leave.

Taehyung sighs and started walking, his knees weak as bits of pieces of that day flashed in his mind, hot tears in the corners of his eyes threatening to fall.

"Dad? Are you alright?"Kai asked as he hugged his father tightly, wanting to appease him.

"Yes, baby, dad's alright."Taehyung answered as he wiped his tears away. "Let's go. I would really need a rest."

Taehyung lulled Kai to sleep, his hand gently patting the child's side. Once he was asleep, Taehyung planted a kiss on his forehead and getting up to pick up the book that he asked his aunt to give to him. He opened it to a random page.

Sixth day of imprisonment,

                I woke up like usual. The cold floor sending chills to my body, the sun provided slight warmth to the room. The food was there when I opened my eyes. Bread and water. That's my meal for the whole day. Nothing much happened, really.

Seventh day of imprisonment,

               I woke up in someone's room, my diary beside me. The room smelled alot like my lover, my mate. The warmth of my lovely soulmate's scent embraced me, filled me. But the door was locked. I wonder as to where I am. Will I be able to get out of here? What's happening? I know, I feel it, something's going to happen.

Eight day of imprisonment,

               Marriage?! My lover is getting married?! In order to free me?! What is he thinking?! I have to get out of here.

Ninth,

              I got out, but I don't know where he is, where to find him. I’m scared. I don't wanna lose him.

Tenth,

             You're happy. You look so happy. Why? Do you like her? Do you think she's better? Why Chanyeol?! Why?!

Taehyung shut the book close, tears streaming down by his cheeks. "No, no. Why? This won't happen to us. Of course not! Jungkook's right. Jungkook will be right. He said it himself, this is their story, we have our own."

He opened the compartment that Kai hid in before and threw the book in there.

A sudden headache struck Taehyung. It was so painful that it made him fall to the ground. His hand gripping his hair as he tried to ease the pain.

Bang. The sound of a gun resonated in the wide open field. A scream was heard. A man falls down to the ground, the man who was leading him stopped in his tracks and scooped him up.

"No. No."the man said while sobbing.

"I thought you've replaced me in your heart..."another man muttered.

"Baek—Baekhyun... Please don't leave me. Don't die. I still need you. I love you. I can't lose you. Please. Stay strong."the other begged the man named Baekhyun.

"Chan—"the man, Baehyun, paused and coughed out blood. "Chanyeol... I promise you, I'll love you in—in our next life, I-I'll find you, so please seek for me too. Hmm?"

Chanyeol continued to cry as he kissed Baekhyun's forehead. "Yes, baby, I'll find you. I'll find you, love you, and embrace you in our next life. There will be no more obstacles. Don't worry, baby, we'll be happy in our next lives. I promise you that, so don't love somebody else, alright?"

Baekhyun hummed and took his last breath.

Taehyung pants, streaks of tears stained his cheeks. The pain in his head already disappeared. He wiped his tears and rushed downstairs. He opened the fridge and grabbed a bottled water.

"What was that?"he asked himself as he sat down on the stool. "What was that for?"

—*—

I kinda cried writing the Chanyeol & Baekhyun part. It made me sad.