Chapter 1

"Taehyung, are you okay?" Jungkook, a ten year old alpha, asked as he squats down to level with his twin, his right hand landing on the other's shoulder, his grip tight but not hard, his cold golden eyes that melts when it comes to his brother was filled with both anger and worry.

Taehyung, Jungkook's twin and an omega, looked up and despite the evident stain of tears that created lines on the face of the brunette haired male, his lips curved up to a smile just to show his brother that he's okay. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Who did it?" Jungkook questioned, his voice full of menace as he leaned closer to Taehyung, his nose sniffing like a predator tracking the scent of it's prey.

"I said, I'm okay." Taehyung held Jungkook by the arm, his grip almost impenetrable, only if he too was an alpha, but he's just a poor little omega, too weak, too fragile, too frail, too delicate, you get the point.

"Park. Jimin." Jungkook whispered with gritted teeth as he recognized the faint scent of another alpha mixed with his twin's honey like scent that has a mix of a faint scent of roses.

"Jungkook, please no." Taehyung begged, his eyes starting to water once again, afraid to cause another chaos to the two neighboring packs just because of their silly children's fight.

"No, Taehyung, that freaking alpha need to have a taste of my wrath." Jungkook argued as he tries to gently detach Taehyung from him which didn't work since the weaker male held him like a koala to its tree.

Taehyung shook his head, "No, Kookie, no. It was my fault, don't blame, Jimin. Plus—plus he's our senior, we should not start another fight with him." Taehyung protested. "He was also right, omegas like myself should just stay indoors, we can't protect ourselves and being outside means being open to the hungry predator alphas around, ready to pounce and take over, we're just burdens."

Jungkook's eyes softened as he pulled his brother into a hug, his lips kissing Taehyung's crown as he whispered, "You're not a burden. You will never be a burden."

—<+>—

sauce: The Devil's Temptation

Edited: 4th of Aug, 2020

note: Since they're children and not of age they could still smell each other, however it becomes faint as they grow up, and their scent only available to their mate or destined pair as they reach the age of 18.

p.s. since im editing the book there's gonna be a lot of notifications, so i would like to say sorry for that.