Chapter 21

Hallelujah ~
Hallelujah ~
Yes another update because yes ~

Hallelujah ~Hallelujah ~Yes another update because yes ~

It's nice looking back at their old songs ~

~×~

"So this child's name is Kai, he's eight, and his family got murdered by rogues?"Jin says, repeating Taehyung's words.

"Yep."Taehyung replied as he grabbed a tissue and wiped the chocolate stain on the child's cheek. He softly chuckles before he kissed Kai's cheek and gently squeezed him.

Jin who was watching the sight unfold before him felt warm inside of him, his lips arching up to form a weak yet warm smile. "You grew so fast, Tae. Looking at you now, you look like a caring father who's fond of his child."Jin blurted out.

Taehyung grinned at him before turning to Kai. "Say, Kai?"he said, gaining the child's attention.

"Would you like to be my child?"Taehyung asked, his chin on top of Kai's head.

"Y—you're nice, a—and I like you." Kai puts down his eating utensils and reached out towards Jin, as if asking the other male to carry him, which Jin did. "But I don't even know your name yet."

Taehyung's eyes grew wide, realizing that he forgot to introduce himself to the child. He laughed before he reached out his hand. "Hello, my name is Jeon Taehyung, and I would like to be your father."

Kai held the large hand that's being reached out to him and smiled. "Hi, my name is Huening Kai, and I would love to be your son from now on."

This made the omega squeal on happiness as he grabs Kai out of Jin's hand and started spinning around with him.

"Uhuh? What's this?"a voice suddenly spoke, causing for them to turn their heads towards the voice.

"Kookieee ~ Meet, Kai ~ He's our son from now on!"Taehyung exclaimed as he rushed over his mate, with Kai still on his hands.

"W—What? Isn't this too abrupt?"Jungkook questions, a nervous chuckle leaving his throat.

"Abrupt? I mean I was shocked too when a— I saw him standing in my room. But I can't just leave him to anyone's care, after all he agreed to be my son, and his parents are dead— Kookie! Kookie, please?"

Jungkook sighed before he gave Taehyung a smile of defeat. "Fine."he said before kissing his mate by the forehead. "We'll shop for clothes and his other necessities tomorrow. So finish the pancake and go to bed— I have a spare unuse toothbrush, he can use that."

The smaller puts Kai down and wrapped his arm around the nape of the taller, "You're the best, Kookie..."he softly whispered before pecking the ravenette's lips,

"If it makes you happy, then I cannot object."Jungkook replied as he placed his hand on Taehyung's small waist.

"Oi, just to let you know, just because everyone in the pack house is asleep doesn't mean that two of you can just flirt around, can you mind my situation? Huh?! I'm still single for the moon's sake!"Jin interrupted, an unapproving look painted on his face.

Taehyung scoffed. "Seriously, you and Joon should get it together already and just be with each other. You guys act like a couple, yet you guys remain unlabeled. What's the deal with you two? If one just asks to be the other's other half, I'm sure you guys will be together immediately, without thinking. You're both so careful, but you guys are not dense! You both know that you like each other! The two of you is just scared to take a step forward."

"And I quote, 'Take risks if you think it's worth risking for, don't let it slip away from your grasp, after all, nothing remains the same.' end of quote. Words from my mother."Kai said, jumping in to the conversation. "Don't be afraid to take risk, regret it only if you fail to convey what you wanna convey."

Jin chuckled before ruffling Kai's hair. "You're too young to join this conversation, Kai."

The child pouted before he responded. "A child might now fully understand, but their ability to think is far more open than adults, you shouldn't underestimate the capability of a child's thinking and understanding just because they are of a certain age. I do understand what love is, and I do understand that you are struggling to take a step forward, however, I cannot fully comprehend the fact that you can be with him now just by taking a step but struggling to do so. I do not see any obstructions to your path. Take risk, and tell him what you wanna tell him, reach out to him." Kai paused and held Taehyung's hand. "This is why childhood is a wonderful thing, for shame barely even exist in our vocabulary— *yawns* Anyways, goodnight. I'm sleepy."

~×~

Wise words from a child.