Chapter 28

Taehyung touched his nape, a smile creeping up his lips as his other hand ruffled Kai's hair before he proceeds to kiss the crown of the child's head.

"Daddy?"Kai called out to Taehyung as he puts down the book his been reading while looking up at his father in the process.

"Yes, baby?"

"Can I have a mate already?"Kai asked, his eyes wide and curious.

Taehyung frowned but chuckles immediately afterwards. "No, not yet, baby, you're too young."Taehyung replied before he ruffled the boy's hair once again. "Why would you want a mate anyway?"he asked.

Kai looked at the book he was reading. "This book that daddy Jungkook bought for me says that being bonded to a person that you know will cherish you, especially the person destined to you, feels very amazing, that you would feel butterflies in your stomach."

Taehyung took the book from Kai and flipped it around. He read the title and it was clearly a fairytale book. He smiled as he gave it back. "Well, it does feel amazing being bonded to the person you know for sure you're willing to spend the rest of your life with. Especially, if he was the one destined to you. The feeling of being engulfed by their scent is very warm and brings safety towards us." Taehyung then tilted his head. "But, baby, you're too young for such thing. Your heart is still too weak, and you're still too naive. No matter how wise and intelligent you are, you will not understand how it works unless you yourself experiences it, however, do not worry, in the future you will come to learn what it is and what it feels like."

Kai hummed before he rested his head on Taehyung's chest. "I wish someone that's like you or daddy Jungkook comes for me in the future." Kai once again looked up to his father. "Can you sing for me, daddy?"

Taehyung chuckled before he nodded and started singing a song, lulling Kai to sleep, the child's eyes slowly fluttering close.

Once Kai was fully asleep, Taehyung laid him down on the sheets. His left hand caressing the boy's cheek, before pressing a soft kiss on his forehead.

Taehyung was about to lay down beside Kai when a knock on the balcony's glass door stopped him. He got up and walked over the balcony and saw Jimin standing there, dressed in black.

Taehyung frowned as he crossed his arms before opening the glass door. "What is it that you want, Jimin?"

Jimin gave him a weak smile, his nose picking up the scent of another alpha telling him to stay away. "I see— he claimed you."he said as he scratched his nape.

"Look, Jimin, I— I'm still upset at what you did. Yes, you have your reasons but I just can't forgive you, yet. Now, if it's nothing important, please leave. I would like to have a peaceful good night's sleep beside my son."Taehyung said.

Jimin grabbed Taehyung by the arm only for Taehyung to slap his hand away. "Taehyung— I— I'm here to give you something. This... This is something that's relevant to Yoongi's murder— and-and I must confess I'm a conspirator to this cri—"

"You!—"

"—I'll help recover his memories tho! He'll be reborn in a few days since he was not killed by a material made from silver."Jimin cuts off before he took out an envelope from his back pocket. "I took this from your locker, you left it there so I figured I might as well deliver it to you so I can confess my crime to you. And-and..." Jimin paused and held Taehyung's hand. "I will— I will stop chasing after you."

Taehyung stared at Jimin. His lips pressed into a thin line as he awaits for him to continue.

"I— I'll help in giving you and Jungkook the happiness that you deserved. I'll probably try and find my own happiness in the future."he continued as he lets go of the omega's hand. "So, I'm sorry for what I did, I know you've said you can't forgive me now, but hopefully in the future you can."

And with that Jimin left. Jumping down from the balcony to the first floor, fading away in the darkness as he blends in.

The frown that Taehyung had ceased as he closed the slid the door close. Eyes staring at his sleeping son before shifting to the envelope Jimin have delivered to him.

A sigh left his lips as he threw the envelope to the side table. He laid beside his son and pulled him to his embrace only for Kai to snuggle to his father, head buried on his shoulder.

—<+>—

Short 'cause I need to sleep.
UwU

Here's a pic of Caius:

Sauce: Titan's Bride (Anime)

p.s. There's also a manga
Titan's bride. ^^