Chapter 42

“This is so stupid.” Taehyung spoke up as he stood up.

“You idiot, have some patience.” Lisa replied as she pulled the red headed male back down. “Kai brought you here because he wants you to help pick his tux, you can't just walk out because you're scared to see your baby in a wedding tux.”

Taehyung, whose tears were flooding out of his eyes, glared at Lisa. “But, Lisa, I can't handle this! I should have told him to schedule it five years from now, not five weeks from now!”

“Babe, sit down. Let Kai do what he wants, it's kinda your fault for being in a coma for 10 years.” Lisa argued as she rolled her eyes.

“Oh ~ sorry ~ I was on the verge of dying ~” Taehyung sarcastically replied as he sat back down and wiped his tears away. “I hate you so much.”

“I love you too.” she said which she followed by a laugh.

“Dad, auntie.”

The two looked over to the man who just came out of the fitting room.

Kai was clad in a pastel pink tuxedo with a matching pink pastel bow. His unstyled bleached hair looked soft in that outfit and his red flushed cheeks complimented the look.

“Oh. My. God.” Taehyung muttered under his breath as his tears came streaming again, his hand finding his friend's hand.

Lisa, who was also starting to tear up, gripped her friend's hand tight. “You are absolutely, ethereal, my dear.”

Kai smiled. “Thank you.”

“God. I regret not waking up soon, I missed so many moments in your life.” Taehyung opened as he stood up and walked over his son. “I'm sorry I wasn't present for the past 10 years. I should have been with you during all those special moments.”

Kai grabbed his father to his embrace and sunk his face on his shoulder. “Dad, it's fine, don't say sorry. Yes, you've missed a lot of occasions and I won't lie to you how much I begged countless gods to wake you up so I could spend special events with you. But, look, you're awake now, alive and well. I couldn't ask for more, and all those things you've missed? It's fine, let's make more memories. Let's celebrate moments that are to happen, like my wedding. Let's live in the present and stop dwelling in the past.”

—×

“Jungkook.” Miyoung called the raven head, who just came in.

“Uh, hello.” he greeted.

Miyoung walked towards Jungkook and wrapped her arm around his. “Y—You didn't attend my birthday party.” she said, her tone sounding sad and disheartened.

“Oh.” Jungkook muttered as he handed Miyoung a red box.

The girl blinked twice before she let goes of Jungkook's arm and carefully took the box from him. “For me?” she shyly asked.

“If not for you, then, for who?" Jungkook replied as a smile stretched across his lips.

Pink tinted her cheeks as she bit her lower lip. Miyoung then playfully slapped Jungkook's arm and said: “You shouldn't have!”

To which Jungkook replied with a chuckle before telling her to open it.

Excited, Miyoung's shaking hands gripped the top and bottom of the box, slowly opening it.

“Oh my frickin' god! This is so pretty!” Miyoung exclaimed as she stared at the pendant of the necklace she received. “Thank you! You're so sweet, Jungkook!”

Jungkook gave he a smile before he took it out of the box. “Let me put it on for you.”

Miyoung grinned. “Alright! Again, thank you, your gift is so wonderful.”

“You two look so good together.” the manager butted in as he saw the two. “Jungkook, aren't you single? Why don't you go out with Miyoung?”

Jungkook shook his head. “Nah, I'm actually seeing someone right now.”

“Wow, look at you, you've successfully dated 15 people this year, and the year's not even done, yet. Just how many more are you gonna add to the pile?” the manager asked as he playfully elbowed Jungkook.

“Oh c'mon! I just don't click with them, alright?" he replied to his manager as he placed his hand on his shoulder.

“Well! If things don't work out between you and the new person you're seeing, then, you should try dating Miyoung, you guys click like puzzle pieces.” the manager said before he glanced at his watch. “Oh, well, look at the time, the boss called me over so I have to go now, I leave the cafe to the two you, bye ~”

—×

“Why are we here?” Taehyung asked as he whipped his head towards Jungkook.

The raven head turned to him and smiled. “You'll see.”

Taehyung's eyebrows knitted. “You, sir, is acting suspicious. That damned smile is also not helping.”

Jungkook laughed before he pulled Taehyung over and planted a kiss on his cheek. “You'll be happy once you see it. I swear.”

The two of them went out of the car and walked towards the cafe Jungkook works at, and lo and behold, the witch Taehyung hated to the bone was once again manning the counter.

“Hello, Miyoung.” Jungkook greeted the girl who greeted him back, before he turned to Taehyung. “Uh, Tae? Can you order for us? I need to use the restroom.”

Taehyung nodded and gave Jungkook a smile.

“You look fa— Ah! You're that bitch Jeon brought over last time. You cut your hair and all— Uh? How is Jeon still with you? You are so not his type ~ You flat woman.” Miyoung tells Taehyung.

Taehyung blinked. This motherfucker.

“You're not gonna talk? God. You're boring as fuck.” Miyoung said before she took her necklace out of her shirt. “Look at this, the man you're dating, gave this to me.”

Taehyung's eyes grew wide. What?

“Looks like, I—”

“First of all, I'm not flat. I'm a guy, so there's that. Second, let me be frank with you, I am his type. You should have seen how much he fawned over me before. Lastly, a preserved yellow carnation as a pendant? Are you stupid?” Taehyung spoke cutting Miyoung off before he took out his phone, looked something up and turned it to show it to Miyoung. “Clearly, he's not into you at all.”

“I— You know, maybe you're looking into it too much, Jeon—”

Taehyung took out his necklace. “Do you know what a garnet means? That's right... To commit, and to love.”

“You guys done?” Jungkook joined in, his arm wrapping around Taehyung's waist. “Miyoung. I'm sorry. I purposely picked that preserved yellow carnation pendant for its meaning.”

“You heartless, fuck! How dare you play with me?!” Miyoung exclaimed.

Jungkook sighed. “I didn't mean to, I wanted, to reject you in a way that you'll realize it yourself, since... well, you're my coworker. But, you just had to mess with Taehyung.”

“I can't believe you!”

“Ah. You're the reason why all the girls Jungkook dated end things with him within a week or so right? Uhm... Yes, I did my research.” Taehyung stated as he smiled sweetly. “Uhm, anyways, Jungkook. I'm craving some sweets though... I don't think we can eat here anymore, seeing that Miyoung's close to killing me.”