Chapter 40

“No, no... Watches are no good for children!” Taehyung exclaimed as Yoongi pointed at the watch inlaid with diamonds. “Especially, watches that have diamonds in them.”

“Oh, come on, Tae, it'll be useful for the kid.” Yoongi retorted as he approached the display of watches in the store.

“Yoongi, may I remind you I'm getting a gift for a two year old.” Taehyung responded as he glared at Yoongi.

Taehyung then shifted his eyes towards Jungkook who was staring down at the pile of necklaces, specifically at the necklace that had a blue garnet pendant.

Softly, he approached Jungkook and placed his hand on his shoulder.

Jungkook turned to him, his cheeks tinted with a pink color. Oh? Taehyung thought as he gave the raven head a soft smile. “That's a pretty shade you're wearing on your cheeks.” Taehyung says before he also peaks at the beautiful necklace before them.

“A—Ah... I...” Jungkook paused and just watched Taehyung admire the necklace, the pink on his cheeks growing red as he swallowed the lump on his throat. I'm thirsty.

“This one's pretty, blue garnets are rare, so you should give it to someone really special to you.” Taehyung paused as his smile left his lips. “You should get it. I mean, as long as you can afford it, but I'm pretty sure you can.” he then gazes over at the necklace beside it. “Oh, I should get this necklace as my gift.”

-*

“I'm really sorry. I have to leave.” Yoongi said as he stood up. “The company texted me and told me that there's a problem with a batch of packages that are supposed to be shipped out today.”

“It's alright.” Taehyung replied as he continued eating his food.

“Oh... Uh... Take care.” Jungkook replied.

Yoongi smiled before planting a kiss on top of Taehyung's head. “Call me if you need a ride, I'll ask my assistant to pick you up.”

Taehyung hummed in reply as he waved his hand. He swallowed the food in his mouth and said, “Be well.”

Jungkook finished his food in a flash and wiped his mouth with the handkerchief he had in his pocket while doing this his eyes were observing Taehyung who was savouring his food, staring at the meal with a happy sheen on his eyes.

Feeling eyes on him Taehyung looked up to Jungkook and gave him a small awkward smile. “Don't stare at me while I'm eating or I'll get shy.”

Jungkook coughed and looked over to the side. “Sorry, I just thought you looked pretty today.” he replied.

The red haired male's cheeks flared and then...

He choked on his food.

He grabbed the water beside his plate and chugged on the water.

The raven head laughed as he offered his handkerchief to the other. “Here, wipe your lips with this.”

“I'd rather you wipe my lips with yours.” Taehyung blurted out absentmindedly which caused his cheeks to turn even redder as well as make the other's face flush.

“You... You are very fatal today.” Jungkook responded as he stood up and walked over to Taehyung's side.

Gently, Jungkook held Taehyung's chin and made him look at him. He wiped the pasta sauce lingering at the side of Taehyung's lips and grinned. “Stop staring at me or I'll actually kiss you.”

“Then do it.”

Jungkook laughed. “I like you very much today.”

“I like you every moment in every second... every day.” Taehyung replied as he too stood up. “And I'm taking back that heart of yours that once was mine.”