Chapter 29

Taehyung placed his arms around and lifted Kai up as soon as he sensed the child wanting to sprint towards Jin, who was with Namjoon, and they seem like they were arguing.

"Daddyyyyy! Put me downnnnn!" Kai whined as he demanded for his father to put him down, wanting to jump on his uncle Jin's arm.

"No, no, no, baby. I'll let you go there once uncle Namjoon is gone, alright?" Taehyung said as crease formed between his eyebrows.

Jin was obviously crying and so was Namjoon. They went on with their arguement for a few more minutes before Namjoon left with his shoulder down and Jin approaching a nearby bench, sitting down there.

Taehyung approached Jin with Kai in his arms. He placed the child down and Kai immediately went to hug Jin's arm who was still sobbing. "Uncle, don't cry, I don't like seeing my favorite uncle like this."

Jin looks at Kai before embracing him. "I'm sorry, baby, uncle is just very hurt right now. If only I'm not scared to take my relationship with Namjoon further— If only I listened to the two of you." Jin spoke before he shifted his eyes towards Taehyung who sat beside them staring at them.

"What are you afraid of, Jin?"Taehyung asked as his eyes turned to look at the river nearby.

"I— I don't know, everything? Everything that might cause break up? Our gender? The bonds? The soulmate?" he responded.

Taehyung sighed. "Why are you always thinking ahead? Namjoon is still at the starting line, Jin, but you're already running ahead. You're always in the future, not in the present. You're not even together yet but you're already thinking of him breaking up with you."

Kai frowned as he leans away from his uncle Jin and stared at his orbs. "Uncle Namjoon looks like the person who's sincere and would only bond with someone he truly loves, he seems like the person that would reject the person destined to him just to be with the person he gave his heart too, and if you're scared of hurting him because you might have a soulmate and you might choose that person instead of him but I'm sure he'll understand that. Honestly, uncle Jin, stop running and look back at uncle Namjoon who's trying to run after you."

Jin smiled as he wiped his tears away and before he started laughing softly. He ruffled Kai's hair before kissing his forehead. "Baby, what would I do without you?" he said.

"O-oi! I'm here too!" Taehyung exclaimed feeling ignored by Jin as he turned his head towards him.

Jin raised his eyebrows at Taehyung. "You did not help in anyway, between you and Kai, you're son is a much better advisor."

Taehyung's mouth fell open before a scoff left his mouth. "Talk to your man as soon as possible, get bonded with him immediately, I want you out of the pact as soon as possible."

"Y-yah! I'm your beloved childhood friend! Don't just push me away like that! I've endured your whines and cries for years, how dare you?!" Jin exclaimed before he playfully grabbed Taehyung's hair.

"You—!" Taehyung grabbed Jin's hair. "You're my childhood friend but not my beloved childhood friend, don't dream of something that you're not— aw! You're pulling too hard!"

"Ow! Ouch! Hey, you're pulling too hard too!"Jin exclaimed.

Kai sighed and jumped down the bench. He crossed his arms and furrowed his eyebrows at the two. "What are you two kids? You're too old for this. Stop pulling each others hair and let's go back to the pack house, I'm starving."

The two older males stared at Kai with amusement in their faces as they let each other go. "What have you adopted, Taehyung? It feels like we're the kids, and he's the dad, he's scolding us! Taehyung~"

"I don't — " Taehyung paused and lifted Kai. "You're very strict and bossy."

"It's because I'm hungryyyy!" Kai exclaimed as he circled his arms around his father's neck and buried his face on his shoulder. "I'm sleepy too, I'm tired due to dealing with adult problems."

Taehyung chuckled before he looks at Jin. "Let's go." He said as they head towards the pack house.

——> pack house -

"Uncle, uncle, I want pancakes and milk! And strawber... ries... too..." Kai demanded as he slowly descended to his sleep only to jolt up and frowned.

Taehyung chuckled before he ruffled his son's hair. He was about to smile when he felt the urge to vomit. He jumped down the stool and ran towards the bathroom and started throwing up in the sink.

The corners of his eyes watering as his tongue tasted the taste of bile. He washed the contents he just threw up before he washed his mouth and opened the small cabinet attached to the wall and grabbed the unopened mouth wash.

He gargles some of the mouth wash before putting it back in the cabinet and spitting the liquid that was in his mouth.

He breathing was shaky as he took some tissue and wiped his lips. He wiped his tears with the sleeves of his sweater and walks back to the kitchen with Jin feeding Kai who was already half asleep and was slouching, his was slowly munching on the pancake Jin had fed him.

"Is something wrong, Taehyung?"Jin asked when he noticed that Taehyung looked like his energy was drained from him.

Taehyung shook his head. "I just threw up, it's probably because of the beef steak I had yesterday." he answered before he lifted Kai and placed him on his lap. "Our little advisor has drifted to sleep, I should put him to bed."

Jin smiled. "Alright, I'll just clean this up, and I'll probably go to Hyun's, and sign Kai up, so he'll be able to catch up with school."

"Oh, yes, please, do that. Mom has the documents that you'll need go ask her for it. She's probably in the garden."

—<+>—

sauce: Cherry Blossoms After Winter

—<+>—

Kai: Daddy, my strawberries.
Taehyung: Uncle Jin placed them away since you fell asleep. *exits the bathroom* oh.
Kai: *snores* this strawberry taste go...od *snores*