Chapter 1

Jasmin slinked through the crowd of Sandwings. The Scorpion Den was loud, but she could cope with it for a little food, right? The Rainwings didn't let her hunt slothes, though she wouldn't anyways; She had her own pet sloth, and they were too hairy anyways. Toucans were too chewy, and the screaming monkeys were stringy. Buffalo jerky was better, and lizards were good enough for Jasmine.

"Where in all of Pyrrhia is Six-claws?" She muttered to herself. The Sandwing was nowhere to be found, however much she searched the Scorpion Den. She shot into the air and headed towards Queen Thorn's stronghold. She glided down and landed in front of the entrance. A guard stopped her.

"Halt!" He paused in front of her. Jasmine immediately recognized the dragon.

"Hello, are you Meerkat?" She asked politely in a friendly tone. Meerkat stared at her, surprised.

"Yes...?" He answered. 

"Take me to Six-claws right now, this instance, or I will pluck off your scales one by one and give you a slow, painful death." Jasmin hissed. Meerkat jumped, and backed away.

"S-sure...?" He looked at her expectantly.

"No need for my name. I know you'll report me." She snapped. Meerkat quickly stumbled inside the stronghold. Soon, they stopped at a room.

"Six-claws is in here," He gestured at the door. Jasmin nodded curtly and brushed past him, yellow scales brushing against warm gold ones. Her tail-barb flicked dangerously close to his neck as she opened the wooden door. Meerkat flinched, and hurried back to the front of the palace.

"Six-claws?" Jasmin called. The Sandwing blinked at her from a pile of sand he was curled up on.

"Yes?" Six-claws saw who it was and immediately gave a name. "Tumbleweed." Jasmin claws at the ground, her tail swinging. She held out a talon, and he dropped two roasted lizards in her palm. Jasmin nodded a farewell and walked out of the stronghold. The assassin was getting to work.