Chapter 2

Jasmin flew out of the tunnel that led to the rainforest. She glided towards the Rainwing village, chewing on a piece of desert rat. There were only 5 dragons to kill today, and she had only gotten enough prey to last two days. Two pieces of buffalo jerky, two lizards, and five cubes of desert rat didn't last as long as it sounded. 

Jasmin would have to go back to the Scorpion Den tomorrow so that she didn't starve the day after. 

She was not looking forward to that. The Den was way too stuffy and loud and full of dragons. Jasmin admitted to herself that she had claustrophobia. 

"Scorpion Den again?" Queen Glory appeared out of nowhere in front of her. The Rainwing-Sandwing hastily changed from her Sandwing form into her Rainwing, original one. Jasmin's deep navy and turquoise scales flashed in, replacing the dusty gold. Black eyes turned green, and she made sure her tail-barb was invisible. Queen Glory sighed.

"No use hiding your secret," She looked at Jasmin knowingly. "I've known for a long time."

Jasmin sighed. 

"Do you also know what I do there?" She asked. Queen Glory nodded. 

"But I won't say, since I hear a Rainwing coming." She grinned. "Right...NOW!"

Sure enough, a bright pink and yellow dragonet burst out of the undergrowth. Kinkajou, Jasmin's long-memory brain whispered.

"Hi, Jasmin!" The Rainwing smiled. "Oh, hi, Glory!" Queen Glory shot the over-excited dragonet a look, but waved anyways.

Queen Glory was awesome.

"Hey, Jasmin! You know GLORY here just INVITED me to JADE MOUNTAIN AND I'M SO EXCITED!" Kinkajou squealed. 

Kinkajou was just a loud bundle of loud.

"Um, sure," She muttered instead. Jasmin didn't really care about the academy that much, sine it sounded like Kinkajou: Loud. 

Also it was under a mountain, and those narrow halls would make her claustrophobia kick in. And dragons did not want to see what a panicking Jasmin looked like. They would probably be either injured, scared, or dead.

Queen Glory sighed.

"I was going to tell you, but Kinkajou here interrupted me," She said slowly. "Kinkajou, please leave." 

The bubbly Rainwing dragonet nodded cheerfully and flew to the village. Jasmin realized what was going to come.

"I invited you to go to Jade Mountain Academy, and Queen Thorn also does. You will leave tomorrow."