Chapter 6

Kinkajou rushed over to Moon. 

"What's wrong, new friend?" She cried. "Did someone hit you with a poison dart?" Two loud, angry voices erupted from outside their cave. 

"-You stinking little-"

"Why, you useless-"

It was loud, loud, loud. Maybe not as loud as the Scorpion Den, but still loud for two fighting dragons, one a Skywing, the other a Seawing. Mirage sighed. She knew the Skywing, Carnelian, but the Seawing was new.

"Hey, guys! Calm down!" A Mudwing seperated Carnelian and the Seawing. That was Clay. "Easy there. No need to fight. Carnelian, go calm down in your cave. Pike, walk with me." 

Carnelian stomped towards Mirage, Kinkajou, and Moon's cave and slumped down onto the stone ledge.

Oh, our last clawmate. A loud, fighting Skywing who once hired me when she was only a dragonet. Mirage thought skeptically. Just great.

Kinkajou scrambled over to the Skywing's bed.

"Hi! What's your name?" She asked. Carnelian snorted and turned around.

"Let me guess...Squelch? Squelch is a cute name, isn't it?" The Rainwing guessed. Moon hid a smile. 

"Squelch is more of a Mudwing name, right?" She pointed out.

"Oh, you're right," Kinkajou said. "What about...Friendly? Friendly would suit you so well!" She giggled.

"I am a soldier in Queen Ruby's army!" Carnelian roared. "No one giggles at me!"

Kinkajou laughed. "We'll call you Friendly until we know your real name," She grinned.

"Her name's Carnelian." Mirage said bluntly. "I know her."

Carnelian let out a surprised grunt and turned her back towards the three dragonets. Mirage yawned. She went into her own sand nest and curled into a tight ball. Kinkajou leaped into the hammock.

"I'll take the hammock, if you don't mind?" She asked Moon.

"I'm fine. I slept on a moss bed in the rainforest." She said. The Nightwing stumbled into her nest and tucked her tail on top of her snout. Mirage soon fell fast asleep.

It was a long day.