Chapter 29

Moon, Kinkajou, Qibli, and Mirage raced out of the cave and ran to the library. When they arrived, Icicle was already there, Starflight busying himself with a couple of scrolls.

"Starflight!" Moon cried. "Behind you!"

The blind librarian turned around, and Icicle whirled around, hissing.

"You!" She growled, glaring at Moon.

"I think you mean 'You!' as yourself?" Mirage asked drily. "Why are you trying to kill the Dragonets?"

"Queen Scarlet offered her something," Moon murmured. "Someone."

Just then, Winter burst into the library.

"Icicle?" He looked worried. "What-"

Icicle had her blue gaze on him, face twisted in fury. "I'll kill Starflight, and you can't do anything! You were weak, never winning any battles in the hatchery! Pathetic!"

Winter's face betrayed no emotion, cold as ice. "But why, Icicle?'

"It's because of him!" She snarled. "Of that NightWing!"

Icicle pointed at Starflight. "They killed him because of this one!"

"But it wasn't his fault!" Moon cried. "Starflight is a dragon who wants to stop killing, not cause it!"

Icicle grinned, her sharp claws reaching to Starflight's throat. "You can't stop me, Winter! You never could! Weak, pathetic!"

Winter snarled in fury, them slammed his whip-thin tail into his sister's face. Blue blood sprayed everywhere, and Icicle collapsed in a heap of shiny white scales. She struggled to stand back up, and Winter looked down at her with cold fury. 

"Hailstorm is dead, and we can't do anything about it," He replied. "It wasn't the NightWing's fault. Queen Scarlet killed him, not Starflight. You're conspiring with Hailstorm's murderer."

Icicle growled. 

"You idiot," She snarled. "Hailstorm isn't dead. Queen Scarlet kept her most important prisoners in a tower, and she said she'd give him back if I killed all the Dragonets of Destiny."

Winter gazed at her in shock and sorrow. "Hailstorm's alive?" He cried. 

"Yes, he was," Icicle hissed. "And now you ruined all chances of getting him back. I'll give you one last chance. Help me kill the Dragonets, and get Hailstorm back."

Her brother hesitated, then shook his head.

"I want Hailstorm back, but not like this," He insisted. "We need to find another way to free him."

"Fine!" Icicle yowled. "Then I hope you choke on a walrus and die."

Then she leaped out of the leaf window and out of sight.

But not before blasting frostbreath at Starflight.