Chapter 17

Mirage narrowed her eyes at the Nightwing. She flinched, and hurried back to Kinkajou's side. Moon avoided the Sandwing-Rainwing's hard gaze. Peril was following Clay, and students were casting her angry glares and muttering furiously to neighbor dragons.

"She's dangerous!"

"We're all going to die!"

"She'll kill us all in our sleep!" 

Winter was narrowing his eyes at the Skywing, and she glanced around and fluffed out her wings. Everyone took an automatic step back.

"I don't see anyone do that whenever they see me," Mirage commented drily. "And Peril's did about the same things as I did. It's not fair for her; Those stupid dragons should be angry at Scarlet for making her kill those dragons. And yes- I also mean you. So shut your stupid royal snout, Igloo-face."

Winter's mouth snapped closed. Turtle was looking thoughtfully at Mirage.

"You're right," He nodded. "She was only following orders, and every dragon does that with their queen."

The Icewing's spikes rattled as he rose to look menacingly at Mirage. He was way taller than her, who was pretty small for a 5 year old dragonet. 

"But she is way dangerous, and you are not; You're only five years old," He growled, tongue flicking in and out in a dangerous way. She just shrugged. She didn't want to do this, but Winter was practically inviting her to.

"Wait- Stop fighting you guys!" Qibli shouted. "You'll only get into trou-"

Mirage launched herself onto Winter's back in a blink of an eye. She wrapped her talons around his neck, and poised her tail-barb a scale away from his chest.

"What did you say about me not being dangerous?" She said coldly. "Sorry, I didn't hear it properly. Speak up, Icewing."

Winter growled, flinching as she added pressure in her claws. A crowd had gathered around them, and Clay hurried back from taking Peril to her separate cave.

"What's going on guys?" He asked cheerfully. "Wait-"

"What is the meaning of this?" A voice boomed. "Mirage, Winter?"

It was Tsunami. The Seawing's wings were flared open furiously, and if she could breathe fire, she would have smoke wreathing around her whole body.

Oh dear.

Mirage sure was in quite a lot of trouble.