Chapter 41

Jasmin tapped her invisible tail on the ground impatiently. The others were hanging around and taking their time.

"When are we going to go?" She prodded Qibli hard on the shoulder with a claw. 

"Ow!" He rubbed his shoulder. "Um, soon."

"Guys!" Kinkajou bounced towards them. "Where's Jasmin?" 

"Here." She whispered. 

"When do we go?" Qibli repeated Jasmin's question. 

"Uh," Kinkajou paused. "As soon as Moon comes back."

"No you're not!" Obsidian snapped. "You're staying here until the queen comes!"

"We're not new, and these are friends." Jasmin hissed in his ear. "And if you try to stop us, I'll make sure I kill you the most painful way possible, starting by melting your face off."

Obsidian jumped, shrieked in fear, and hurried away.

Eventually, Moon came back, and the group headed towards the RainWing village. 

"How are we going to find Icicle in this giant place?" Winter asked. "Glory would probably be killed before we find her."

"We need to warn Glory first, then," Jasmin decided, now back to her normal form. "She'll have a higher chance of survival."

"So," He growled. "We're not finding Icicle? That's actually the only reason I let you come."

"You don't let me come," She retorted. "I come if I want!"

A flash of black zipped past her vision. Jasmin whipped around, switching back into Mirage. 

"Who's there?" She growled. A NightWing slammed into Winter. The hybrid leaped at him, and the IceWing roared in fury.

"Get off, you pathetic NightWing!" Jasmin snarled, shoving his attacker away none too gently. "Leave Winter alone!"

"Oh, but he's an intruder in this rainforest," The NightWing smirked. "IceWing, you're under arrest."

Jasmin was filled with dread. She had hoped to avoid this particular dragon, but, of course, that was impossible.

She was face-to-face with Deathbringer again.