Chapter 55

"WHAT?!" Jasmin roared in fury, which turned into another bone-racking cough. "Why? You can't stop me!"

"You're in no condition to fight and fly," Glory explained, not fazed at all by her furious colors. "You're still recovering from the explosion, and that trip to the NightWing Kingdom didn't improve your health."

"I have to agree with Glory," Deathbringer nodded.

"You're opinion doesn't count," Jasmin growled. "And you always agree with her."

"Jasmin, please," Moon pleaded. "Just stay here. After you get better, you'll catch up with us."

"Never." She shook her head stubbornly, her claws raking the wooden planks. "I'm coming."

"Jasmin, I am your queen," Glory straightened up, a commanding indigo washing over her scales. "You need to listen to me."

"Fine." She reluctantly agreed. "But how do I find you?"

"We could meet between SandWing and SkyWing territory," Qibli suggested. "Then it'll be easy for all of us to reach each other."

"Okay. But I'm coming really soon!" Jasmin shot her queen a look. "Whether or not they try to stop me." 

She huffed, then flew back to the RainWing village. "And I'm staying in the desert, too!" She called. Glory shook her head, exasperated, then turned to the remaining dragonets. 

"Stop me! As if!" Jasmin muttered to herself, but obeyed Glory's orders and landed in front of the tunnel entrance. She walked through, shivering as the tingling feeling of animus magic washed over her. She dug a deep nest in the cool sand, and wriggled inside, feeling the warmth. 

"I'm coming, soon..." She murmured, and sleep washed over her tired scales.