Chapter 10

After a surprisingly short fight, Sunny had come to separate the two dragonets. They made a compromise, blah blah blah. Mirage didn't care about that boring stuff. It was time to meet their winglets, and she wasn't too nervous. 

Mirage arrived at the cave with Kinkajou and Moon. She analyzed the dragons who were already there. A Mudwing and a Seawing she didn't know were there, sitting in a circle. Carnelian was scowling at everyone, Kinkajou was beaming as if she had eaten the biggest fruit in the rainforest, and Moon was fiddling with her tail, a worried look scrunching up her face.

A deep blue Seawing was in the front, forcing a smile on her snout. That was Tsunami, head of school. Two dragonets left to come. Icewing and Sandwing. Footsteps grew closer, and Mirage had a horrible idea who they were.

Sunny was leading Winter and Qibli into the cave.

"Hi, we changed the winglets around a bit because of the incident, so meet your new Icewing and Sandwing!" She smiled, and left. Mirage groaned quietly. Tsunami stood up.

"Hi, my name is Tsunami, though you probably know that already," She grinned. "I know a couple of you already."

"Like mee!" Kinkajou yelled. Carnelian rolled her eyes. Tsunami offered everyone fish, and they all took some. Except Kinkajou and Mirage.

"I'll get something from the prey center later," She said politely. Mirage snorted. They just went to the prey center.

"I'm not hungry." She stated.

"Let's start by introducing ourselves," The Seawing suggested. "Carnelian, do you want to go first?" 

Carnelian sighed and got up.

"I'm Carnelian and I'm a loyal subject to Queen Ruby," Mirage stopped listening halfway. After a few moments, Carnelian glared at the dragonets, then paused. "My favorite color's red."

"Anything else?" Tsunami asked. The Skywing scowled, then shook her head.

"I'll go next!" Kinkajou volunteered. Tsunami nodded.

"Well, I'm Kinkajou, I'm a Rainwing, and I've never met any other tribes before! Well, except the Dragonets of Destiny, because I'm really good friends with them. I'm really excited to learn how to read and learn about all your tribes and I think this school is the best idea. And my favorite color is yellow!"

"Of course it is," Carnelian grumbled. Mirage rolled her eyes, but couldn't help agree. The tiny Rainwing was yellow from horns to tail, except a few splotches of pink. 

"Your turn," She nudged Moon. 

"I'm Moonwatcher," She mumbled. "But please call me Moon. Um, I grew up in the rainforest. I like scrolls." Mirage thought over her statements. She was also hatched in the rainforest. Maybe this Nightwing could relate to her. 

"Me, too." The other Seawing in the back called. "I mean, I also like scrolls. At least ones that my mother didn't write. I've read way too many of those. I'm Turtle, by the way." Qibli went next.

"I'm Qibli," He said. "I was one of Thorn's Outclaws before she became queen. My plan is to learn everything as fast as possible and go back to help her with the Kingdom of Sand."

"I'm sure she's lost without you," Winter said scathingly. 

"And I'm sure you're perfectly essential in your kingdom," Qibli shot back. Winter frowned and shut his snout.

"I'm Umber," The Mudwing offered. "I think we've been in a battle together. I mean, you look familiar."

Carnelian relaxed a bit.

Maybe this winglet would be more comfortable than we expect, Mirage thought.