Chapter 36

"So you've been spying on our thoughts, betraying us the moment we stepped into the academy?" Winter hissed. 

He let out a plume of frostbreath, freezing the air around him. "I should've expected something like that from a NightWing."

"I should've expected this kind of hotheaded response from an IceWing," Mirage retorted. "It's not that bad, Winter."

From Winter's expression, Mirage could see it was like the end of the world to him. He glared furiously at Moon and tried to throw Moon out of his mind.

"That won't work, Igloo-face," Mirage sighed. "That rock, skyfire stops mind readers from reaching into your mind.

"It's true, Winter," Moon pleaded. He snorted. 

"Sounds like another NightWing lie to me," He snarled. Moon dropped her gaze. 

"You're only freaked out because Moon saw all your horrible thoughts," Mirage snapped. "Anyways, our problem is in the rainforest right now."

"I'm going to the Ice Kingdom first," Winter argued. "Not the rainforest. Going to Queen Glacier's palace and getting reinforcements is the right thing to do. And if you follow me, you'll die. Not that I have any objection to that."

"That can't possibly be your plan," Qibli said. "Icicle's probably trying to kill Queen Glory right now, and besides, if you need help, you can get to the Ice Kingdom faster by going through the tunnel that leads to the Kingdom of Sand."

"Okay fine," Winter growled. "But I'm going alone."

"No you're not," Mirage grinned. "We're coming with you, whether you like it or not. Also, that rainforest is crawling with NightWings that might not be best friends with IceWings."

"Yeah!" Kinkajou nodded her head fiercely. "And no one's gonna hurt my awesome queen! Not on my watch!"

"Fine," He gave in after a moment of pestering.

"Wait," Turtle interrupted. Winter hissed. "Shouldn't someone warn Jade Mountain about it crushing everyone?" 

"Why don't you go back and warn everyone?" Winter suggested. "That way, the school knows what's happening." 

"Yeah- I can do that!" Turtle beamed and unfurled his wings, ready to fly off. 

"Wait-" Mirage started. It's now or never, She thought to herself. 

"What?" Winter growled, annoyed.

"I have to tell you something. All of you."

Kinkajou leaned in curiously, and Qibli gulped in nervousness and anticipation. Mirage took a deep breath, and let her true colors simmer in, turquoise, navy, and purple replacing the sandy gold.