Chapter 54

Deathbringer hadn't seen the mountains before, too.

"You could ask the Talons of Peace," He offered. "They should know. Also, stop glaring at me!"

Jasmin had been glaring at the assassin for the entire conversation. "I can do whatever I want, NightWing." She retorted hotly. The hybrid broke off in a coughing fit. "Not again." She groaned, catching her breath.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Qibli asked, concerned. 

"Of course!" Jasmin bristled, but her voice was hoarse and dry. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, anyways." Deathbringer carried on. "I guess I could help you, if Glory approves of you leaving."

"How nice of you to check," The young queen materialized out of the darkness, lit up by several glow-in-the-dark moths flittering around. "Qibli and Prince Winter can choose what they want. But I am slightly concerned about having three of my favorite subjects facing danger all by themselves."

"Did you hear that?" Kinkajou nudged Moon lightly with a grin. "Favorite."

"The part you should have heard is dangerous," Glory sighed. "With Burn and Blister dead, Scarlet is probably the most dangerous dragon in Pyrrhia."

"But then we can find out where she locked up Hailstorm, and maybe let him free." Moon insisted. 

"Fine, you can go," Glory finally permitted. "But be careful; don't interact with Scarlet. Don't mess with any queens. Don't get hurt."

"We won't," Jasmin promised impatiently, then immediately let out a series of coughs, shaking her entire body and rubbing her throat raw. "We'll be fine." She finished weakly.

"I don't get why you're all coming with me," Winter grumbled. "I can do this all myself. Why do you care about what happens to Hailstorm?"

"They care about you," Glory replied.

"For some reason," Deathbringer added.

"Entertainment value," Qibli offered with a straight face. Winter growled, then spread his glittering wings, getting ready to fly. He lifted off, and Jasmin shook out her own, smaller wings, prepared to face the cold wind.

"Wait," Glory suddenly interrupted. Winter glanced back, then thumped back down. "I won't stop you, but on one condition; Jasmin, you'll stay here."