Chapter 42

"Oh, it's you," Jasmin shifted back to her normal colors. Qibli tilted his head at her. 

"Wait, it's you," Her scales turned a violent shade of red with orange streaks. "You. Stay away from him!"

"But, Jasmin," He protested, ignoring her scales. "This is the IceWing in the rainforest. He's dangerous."

"This IceWing is Prince Winter," Jasmin retorted. "You're supposed to find Icicle, his sister."

"She's right," Queen Glory shifted into a royal blue lined with gold. Kinkajou bounced up besides her.

"Glory!" She shouted. "We're here to protect you from Winter's sister, who, by the way, is coming to MURDER you, how freaky is that? Oh, and she almost killed Starflight, and it was kind of scary. Also, hi, school's great, how are you?"

"Kinkajou," Glory frowned. "You're not supposed to leave the academy. And you two," She added, glancing at Jasmin and Moon. "Actually, none of you should be here." She frowned.

"Sorry!" Kinkajou squeaked.

"Sorry," Moon said softly. Glory turned to the other, silent three dragonets. She raised an eyebrow as they didn't say anything.

"Sorry." Qibli sighed.

"Sorry," Winter grumbled. 

"...Sorry." Jasmin muttered reluctantly. "But we're here because we're trying to save you from Icicle assassinating you."

"What I'm trying to do right now," Deathbringer cut in. "Ahem."

"Not doing a very good job, aren't you?" Jasmin snapped. "Not even noticing this IceWing's a male."

"Anyways," Glory interrupted as the NightWing opened his mouth to argue back. "We'll need to get you to the RainWing village. Sunny and the others are worried sick! What were you thinking about, leaving like that when a murderer's running around?"

"Didn't Turtle tell them where we went?" Qibli asked.

"Oh, a great lot of help that was," The queen snorted. "Hello, a whole winglet of five year olds went off to find Icicle and Scarlet, so no pressure. Just great."

"So we'll go, tralala, stay 'Completely safe' in an academy stuck under a mountain? Where a great flaming cactus exploded the history cave and killed a bunch of dragonets along the way? And a murder almost occurred in the library? So safe. I feel so assured I won't get killed." Jasmin retorted. 

Kinkajou nudged her with a grin, and that earned her a shove from Jasmin so hard it blasted the RainWing into a nearby tree.