Chapter 37

"What!?" Kinkajou gaped at her. 

"You're a RainWing?" Winter snorted. "Pathetic."

"Wait," Qibli said slowly, realization dawning on him. "You couldn't have- No RainWing can act out a tail-barb. You're a hybrid?"

"Duh," Mirage sighed. Her friends were slow, slower than she had expected. 

"I've always known you were guarding a secret, but never-" The SandWing broke off.

"Guessed that I was part RainWing?" She raised an eyebrow.

"You don't act like one," He muttered. Winter was glancing at Moon. 

"You knew." 

It wasn't a question, just a statement. Moon nodded, not flinching at his cold gaze. 

"Your name must be something different," Qibli tilted his head. "Or the RainWings would have noticed. Or you lived with the SandWings and 'Mirage' is your actual name."

"It's Jasmin," Kinkajou and Mirage informed at the same time.

"I can't believe I didn't notice you were here!" The RainWing shrieked. "You camouflaged so well with the other SandWings, and I never noticed anything strange about you in the rainforest!"

"I can do this," With that, Mirage turned her colorful tail-barb black and dusty yellow, like any other SandWing's and made it invisible. 

Turtle blinked several times, then asked, "So...we have to call you what now? Mirage or Jasmin?"

"Jasmin would be preferable," She nodded. "Yes, call me Jasmin." 

"Okay, Mi- I mean, Jasmin," Kinkajou stumbled on her words. Mirage- No, Jasmin grinned.

"Yup," She smirked. "It's going to be extra hard remember my name now."

"Jasmin," Winter turned to her. "Are you a hybrid from three tribes- A tribrid? Or do you have a secret weapon, such as mind reading?"

The IceWing was looking pointedly at her silver scales, which were sparkling under her wings.

"No," Jasmin said defiantly. "And I think venom and a poisonous tail-barb is dangerous enough. Also, that's my normal colors; I can actually look like Moon if I want."

With that, she turned her scales a dark greenish-black with hints of blue, just like Moon, completed with silver stars under her wings and teardrop scales next to her eyes. Jasmin's piercing green eyes were lighter and more sparkly than Moon's, but they would work. 

"Wow," The NightWing sidled up besides her, and looked surprised to see another copy of herself. 

"Enough blundering around," Jasmin quickly flashed back to her galaxy colors. "We're wasting time. Turtle, go back and warn the school. We have a criminal to catch!"