Chapter 44

When the group arrived at the RainWing village, Jasmin breathed out sharply. She had forgotten how beautiful it was. A happy, proud shade of purple washed over her, and this time, she didn't stop it.

"Do you know where Euphoria is?" Jasmin asked Glory softly. "I want to see her again."

With a pang of guilt, she realized she hadn't thought of her mother once. 

"She's out fruit gathering," Glory replied. Jasmin wilted a bit. "But she'll be back soon. Oh, here she comes."

Sure enough, Euphoria's gradient pink-purple scales emerged from a patrol of other RainWings. 

"Mother!" Jasmin cried, then leaped into her arms. 

"Jasmin!" Euphoria gasped, then wrapped her yellow wings around her dragonet. "I missed you! Why are you here?" 

"To find Winter's sister," She looked up at her worried green eyes. "Who's a murderer, by the way. In this rainforest."

"Really?" A cascade of blue, lime, and several other anxious colors pulsed through Euphoria's scales. "Are you sure it was safe for you to come here?"

"Yes," Jasmin nodded. "Queen Glory's in danger, as well as Icicle if she's found. NightWings and IceWings aren't exactly best friends."

"Um, sorry to interrupt the heart-warming meeting," Qibli cut in. "But we really should go find Icicle right now."

"Right," She agreed quickly. "Bye, mother, love you, take care!" 

The hybrid turned to the others. A few RainWings were lined up lazily, and a messenger was standing near them. 

"Okay, did any of you see an IceWing today?" Glory asked. "If you don't remember you're learning, they're the blue or white dragons with spiky tails."

"You're Majesty," A RainWing loudly whispered. "I think there's one right behind me!"

All the RainWings in the sloppy line turned to Winter.

"That's an IceWing?"

"It's so spiky!"

"And cold!

Winter yanked his wings out of reach as a RainWing tried to touch it. Jasmin sighed. 

"This is going to take a long time." She grumbled.