Chapter 63

"Now look what you've done!" Jasmin looked crossly at Turtle and Winter.

"Um," Turtle glanced at the river rock in his talons. "Save Winter?"

"You know what I mean," She glared at him. "You sent her away! I can't believe you just did that!"

"Jasmin, calm down," Qibli's wide black eyes were startled. 

"You have no right to say that!" She snapped. "All of you just sent the one dragon that could help us away! And she's just flying away because of you guys!"

"We're better off without that beast anyways," Winter snarled. "She's killed thousands of dragons! And we just let her stay with us?"

Jasmin stiffened as he continued. 

"If a monster who's killed as many dragons as her wanted to stay, I'd rather kill myself!" The IceWing hissed. 

"Oh no." Turtle looked at Jasmin, then back at Winter.

"Really?" Jasmin asked quietly, her voice dripping with menace. 

"Jasmin, Winter didn't mean that," Moon soothed, but the hybrid ignored her. 

"Well, I guess I'll leave, though I'd really love to see you kill yourself," She snarled, turning a violent shade of red. "Or perhaps I should kill you myself like all the 'thousands of dragons I've killed'. Perhaps with a face full of venom?"

With that, Jasmin rose to the air and dove after Peril. 

"Who cares what Winter thinks?" She muttered to herself, ignoring the desperate cries from her friends. Moon, Qibli, and Turtle. Not Winter. "Perhaps I should give him something to think about."

Jasmin turned around midair. Moon immediately lit up, but Winter continued glaring at her. His dark blue eyes were sorrowful and guilty, but he didn't take the snarl off his face. 

Taking aim, Jasmin snapped open her jaws and shot a jet of black venom at Winter. He let out a yelp of surprise and fright and scrambled out of the way. The deadly liquid missed him by scale, and Jasmin whipped away into the clouds.