Ch 8

"Dehan kahan hai tumhara...? Kabse chila rahi hun kahan khoyi hui hai ladki?" Savitri yelled at Shehnaaz holding her arm tightly....

Shehnaaz looked at her bewildered "Wo maa.. Matlab Aunty main bas bahir dekh rahi thi sab ko" Shehnaaz replied scarily...

"Toh kaam teri maa aa kar karegi..?".. Savitri scolded her standing in the kitchen... Shehnaaz looked down sadly and nodded... "main karti hun sab.." she replied...

Savitri looked at her and thought something than suddenly she said"Itna hi mann kar raha hai na tera toh ja Shanaya ke sath ja kar beth ja or lagwa le tu bhi mehndi..."..

Shehnaaz looked at her surprised" Sach mein..? "She asked innocently...

Savitri rolled her eyes" haan lekin pehle yeh sab sharbat le kar ja or meri beti ko khana bhi khila dena... "Savitri told her in soft tone...

Shehnaaz felt so happy hearing her and she nodded her head saying yes and started her work... Savitri smirked coming out from kitchen and looked at her daughter.... Shanaya was sitting there getting bored... She was using her mobile... Mehndi artist were sitting beside her waiting for her but shanaya was not interested....

Savitri came near her and sat beside Shanaya "mom kya hua... Shehnaaz ko bol dia mehndi lagwane ka... Maan gayi woh?" Shanaya asked desperately....

"haan haan... Meri jaan hogaya kaam... Tu fikar mat kar or ja ke so ja... Kal ka din bohat bada hai... Main us ladki ke hatho'n par mehndi lagwa ke pictures bana ke tujhe bejh dungi... Or tu bhej dena Sidharth ko..." Savitri told her....

"thanks mom... I love you..." Shanaya said and left from there going towards her room...

Today was a mehndi day and tomorrow is sangeet... Elders decided that Sidharth and Shanaya will not meet before marriage.. So Sidharth was staying away from Shanaya but he requested her to send him her mehndi pictures... But Shanaya was not interested to do that so she asked her mom to help her....

__________________

"Madam naam kya likhna hai?"Mehndi artist asked from Shehnaaz... Shehnaaz looked at her and pouted thinking what to say...

" Aap na 'S'  hi likh do bas kyunki mera naam 'S'  se banta hai na... Or sath mein ek star bana dena... Mujhe bohat ache lagte hain Stars... "Shehnaaz said cutely...mehndi artist looked at her and gave her a genuine smile saying Okay...

Arun came near his sister and looked at her hands" oye Sanu di yeh kya dulhano wali laga rahi hai tu mehndi... Tujhe toh simple pasand hain na..? He asked teasingly...

"maine thore hi bola hai unko khotteya... Wo apni marzi se laga rahi hai or mujhe acha bhi laga yeh wala design... Ab tu mat bol kuch bhi... Or tu janta hai maa ne khud mujhe bola hai ke mehndi lagwaun... Par mujhe Shanaya ki mehndi dekhni thi.. Lekin woh bechari thak gayi or aram karne chali gayi hai... "Shehnaaz spoke nonstop...

Arun looked at her and sighed.." di kam bolakar na ek bat teri samjhna start karta hun toh teri gaadi agli baat pe bhag jati hai... "He told her earning a slap...

" tu na zyada mat bol or ja ke so ja kal savere exam hai tera... Patanhi teri school walo ne bhi abhi hi tere exams lene the... "She spoke again... Arun smiled and nodded" haan haan main bohat bolta hun sahi keh rahi hai tu di... Chal main sota hun good night... "he left kissing her cheek...

Shehnaaz looked at the mehndi wali.. She was looking at her face" tuhanu ki hoya ji... Tusi kyun ruk gaye lagao na (what happened to you... Why did you stop) "she told her.... Aap bohat sundar hain madam" mehndi wali complimented her... Shehnaaz became sad and looked down pouting...