CHAPTER FIVE

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FIVE:House of Nightmares└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FIVE:
House of Nightmares
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Walking into school, Lyla saw Patricia, Mara, and Amber; who were staring at the school photo hanging up on the wall. Deciding she wanted no part in that, she walked straight past them and headed to her locker.

She had just grabbed one of her books when she was approached by a bright bubbly blonde, you guessed it; Amber Millington. "Ooh, look Lyles." Amber said holding her arm out towards her friend, showing her the bracelet Mick gave her, "Mick got it for me."

"Adorable, Ambs." Lyla said, genuinely as she shut her locker. Amber interlocked their arms, and they started walking to class.

"Isn't it!" She exclaimed, "Anyway, enough about my relationship, let's talk about yours." Amber insisted.

"Huh?"

"What was that this morning?" Amber pressed.

"What was what this morning?" Lyla asked, obliviously.

"You and Jerome, obviously. You were totally flirting!" She exclaimed, and Lyla scoffed.

"As if! I would never flirt with Jerome Clarke, now please stop insinuating that we are dating." Lyla stressed, "It is never going to happen, I promise."

The hopeful girl groaned, "Okay, fine... What's up with you and Mara then?"

Lyla sighed heavily, rolling her eyes, "Amber, why do you think something is going on with me and everyone I talk to?" She asked, bewildered.

"I don't, it's just... you were being unusually rude to her at breakfast, there's got to be a reason." The blonde pointed out.

Lyla looked at her friend, knowing Amber wasn't going to give up until she got a straight answer, she sighed, "Well, I don't know, recently I've just been noticing things she's doing and... Well, I kind of get the feeling she fancies Mick."

"What?" Amber shouted, "Do you really think so?"

"I mean... Yeah, it's quite obvious... and you know how oblivious boys can be, I just don't want you to get hurt." Lyla admitted to her friend.

The truth was, Lyla wasn't actually cold and mean; it was just an act, so people couldn't find out who she really was; a human being with feelings. She rarely showed people that she actually cared for them, usually just insulting them as a means of saying, 'Hey, I actually give a shit about you!'. But weirdly enough, Amber always found a way to pull those feelings out of her, she was the one person that Lyla didn't feel the need to hide from; she trusted her.