CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER THIRTY TWO:House of Catnapping└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO:
House of Catnapping
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"A cat?" Fabian asked, after the girls filled him in on the situation, "Yeah... A black cat, of course. Nothing could ever not be creepy in this place." Nina rambled.

"And we're hiding it in our room. Cat-napping, get it." Amber added, as her and Lyla shared a laugh.

"What- And you think this is what was making the wailing noise last night?" Fabian questioned, to which Lyla nodded, "Either that or werewolves." She told him, making him give her a strange look.

Amber nodded, before going on to make a similar cat like wail, over and over again; Lyla thought it sounded more like the cat was dying than anything.

"Stop making that dreadful noise!" Victor scolded, making Lyla jump slightly, not noticing that he was there. The man went to walk out of the room, but instead he turned back, questioning the girl, "Why were you making that noise, exactly?"

Lyla's eyes widened, thankful that she had her back turned to him, "Drama exercises..." Amber covered, "Mr. Winkler says I have to breathe from my diaphragm." She said, as he approached them.

"Um... Have you- Erm... Lost anything, Victor?" Fabian suddenly asked.

"Maybe, we can help you find whatever it is you lost?" Nina suggested, making Lyla stifle a laugh, "Yeah, Nina is super sleuthy..." Fabian told him.

"Of course I haven't lost anything." Victor said, with a scowl, before heading out of the room to his office.

The group turned to each other, "Did you see his reaction? It's obviously Victor's cat." Nina acknowledged.

"Victor doesn't have a cat." The blonde denied, "Yeah? Tell that to his cat..." Lyla deadpanned, making Amber roll her eyes.

"He must have been hiding it in the cellar, that's why the wailing sounded so loud." The American girl told them.

"And now it's escaped, and he's looking for it..." Fabian said, "Well... I'm going to take kitty some milk, I bet it's hungry... Do you think it was meant to be tied to that ring we saw in the cellar? That's so cruel. I'm really starting to think Victor's up to no good." Amber rambled, before standing up.

"Just starting to?" Lyla quipped, as she watched Amber walk out of the room with her bowl of milk, almost running into Patricia who had just walked in. The girl took a seat just where Amber was just sat, "Thought anymore about what I said last night?" She asked Nina.