CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FIFTY TWO:House of M

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO:
House of M.I.A.
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

To say that Lyla was overflowing with anxiety at the moment, would be a severe understatement. Ignoring her newfound feelings for Jerome was proving to be impossible, and on top of that, it was nearly time for dinner and Patricia was still M.I.A.

Lyla had just walked into the dining room when Jerome called her name, "Lyla!" The boy stood next to the table, holding a metal serving dish cover against it. "You're dinner is served." He said, before lifting the cover, revealing Alfie's head, with an apple in his mouth. Jerome laughed at his joke, but it faltered once he saw Lyla wasn't laughing along with him.

The girl rolled her eyes, thinking 'Why do I have to have feelings for that doofus?'. Catching sight of Nina on the phone walking towards Amber and Fabian on the couch, Lyla followed. The American girl let out a harsh sigh as she pulled the phone away from her ear, and sat on the couch, while Lyla leant over the back.

"Something's wrong, really wrong. She would have called by now." Nina stressed to them, however their conversation was put on hold as more commotion stared from behind them, when Trudy walked in.

Jerome and Alfie had started play fighting, the former now using the serving dish cover as a shield while the latter pretended his fork was a sword. Lyla rolled her eyes again, while Trudy scolded them, "Uh, are you setting this table or wrecking it?"

"Trudy." Nina called, "Yes, sweetie?" The woman asked, as she walked over. "Patricia's been gone for a while now, and-"

"And we haven't heard from her." Amber finished for Nina, as Trudy looked at her watch in worry, "You mean, she hasn't come back yet?" The woman questioned, and by the look on the four teenagers faces, she had her answer.

"I just thought she'd gone straight into school this morning... Oh, Victor!" Trudy called out, making their eyes widen in horror, "No!" Lyla said suddenly.

"No, no, no, don't tell him." Nina tried, "We don't want to worry him."

"Don't be silly." Trudy said as she went to the hallway to find the man, "Victor!" She yelled again, only for the man himself to enter from the other door. "I heard you the first time."

"Uh, Victor, it's about Patricia. She went out with her aunt and uncle after the show last night, and, well... she hasn't returned." Trudy informed the man, as the Sibuna's shared a few worried glances.

"Calm down. Her aunt phoned me this morning. The uncle was taken ill during the night, and they are currently at the hospital with him." The man told them, before leaving. "Oh, well, that's a relief." Trudy sighed, then left as well.