CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FORTY FIVE:House of Hijacks└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE:
House of Hijacks
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Patricia never came back to the hospital room, and though Lyla was suspicious and slightly worried, she decided not to think about it, especially if it had to do with Sibuna. Now, she was back at Anubis House, and as she entered her room she found Nina, Amber and Fabian sitting in the middle of the floor surrounding a huge book.

"Oh, hey guys." She greeted the three, then promptly walked passed them to her bed.

"Lyla! How is Alfie?" Amber asked, "He's perfectly fine. In fact, he's pretending to be sick so he can stay longer." Lyla told her.

"That is so Alfie!" Amber said with a smile, making Lyla raise a brow at her with a smirk, "Yeah..."

"Anyway, look what Nina and I found." Fabian suddenly said, pointing to the big book on the ground, which made Lyla realize it was the dictionary from the riddle.

"Hey, where's Patricia? Did she go to her room?" Nina asked, seeing as the girl wasn't with Lyla when she came in. Lyla shook her head, "She didn't come back with us... I figured she was here already."

"Weird..."

"I'm sure she's fine. I mean, she would have texted if something happened." Lyla brushed off, while pulling out a book to read.

"Yeah, you're right. Let's open this thing." Nina said but was still slightly worried, as Amber pulled out a butter knife, and began trying to pry it open. After a moment the knife snapped in half, making them gasp, "Wow! It's a superpower clasp." Amber said.

"It's really stuck..." Nina groaned, "Try the locket, it's opened stuff before." She suggested, handing her locket over to the blonde girl. As Amber tried, it seemed like it wasn't going to work, "Here, let me try." Nina said, holding her hand out for the locket.

Amber gave it to the American girl and almost immediately after Nina placed the locket on the clasp, it flipped open, shining bright red. "Hang on... Fabian, you try the next one." Nina suggested, and the boy hesitantly placed the locket on the last clasp, but it wouldn't work.

"Huh... Ly-"

"I'm not in Sibuna anymore, America." Lyla said, cutting off Nina, who sighed.

"You don't have to be... I just want to test a theory, please." She begged, causing Lyla to let out a prolonged sigh, while shaking her head, she got up and sat by the girl taking the locket in her hand, she placed it on the second clasp.