CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR:House of Truths└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR:
House of Truths
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

That night, when they finally got back home, Lyla tossed and turned in her bed, trying to sleep; but she couldn't. Her thoughts and feelings were keeping her awake, she couldn't stop thinking about what could have happened if Fabian didn't find them, or if they didn't save Patricia. But she also felt extremely guilty for thinking this way; because, yes they did get trapped in the warehouse, but Patricia was first and she knew the girl had it far worse than herself, Nina and Amber. It wasn't her trauma to worry about.

So, the girl did was she always does best; she pushed it away to the depths of her mind, and forced herself to go to sleep. But even then, the girl forcibly woke up a few hours later in a cold sweat, and shaking. She scoffed to herself, feeling horrible as she looked around the room finding her roommates sound asleep in bed. Clearly she had woken up too early, but seeing as there was no way she was going to get back to sleep, she got out of bed, grabbing her shower caddy and headed to the bathroom for a shower.

After her shower, the girl headed downstairs, hoping to read a bit before breakfast, what she didn't expect to see was everyone huddled in the foyer surrounding Mick. "What's with the party I wasn't invited to?" She joked, earning a few laughs before she caught a glimpse at the bag by the boy's feet, "Why do you have a suitcase? Did they finally kick you out?"

Mick let out a chuckle, before explaining, "I have my UCLA summer school try-outs."

"Oh, right. Well, good luck then." She said, giving him a small smile as she moved off the stairs and patted him on the back. The boy smiled back, "Thanks, Lyla." He said, as she walked passed into the sitting room and taking a seat on the sofa, beginning to read.

After a minute, the couch dipped beside her, signaling that someone had sat down next to her. Lyla paid them no mind as she continued to read her book, until the person took a strand of her pink hair in their hand and asked, "Why are you all wet?"

Jerome. There was no mistaking that voice. Lyla wished it had been literally anybody else as her face went beet red. She avoided his gaze, trying to focus on her book but she kept re-reading the same sentence over and over again. "I'll give you one guess." She responded, trying to keep her voice level.

"Shower?" He asked, a smug smile on his face, as he let go of her hair. "Ding, ding, ding. A point for Jerome." She said, sarcastically.

The boy let out a chuckle, before he asked, "How come you're up so early?" The girl cleared her throat, "Couldn't get back to sleep." She replied, as she fidgeted with the ring on her necklace, Jerome nodded his head, deciding not to ask why, seeing as she was getting uncomfortable.