CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:House of Parties└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
House of Parties
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lyla was not enjoying the party whatsoever, she couldn't get what Alfie and Jerome told her out of her mind, and the more she thought about it, the truer it became. Not one person had come up to talk to her the whole evening, sure the party had only started an hour ago, but she had expected at least one person.

She spent most of the party scowling at Jerome from across the room, he was dancing with a new girl every ten minutes and it was really pissing her off, however what she didn't notice was that every time she looked away from the boy, he would glance at her with a look of sorrow.

The girl was now in the kitchen leaning over the counter as she devoured a bowl of crisps. Nina and Fabian had just left to go up to the attic, so she had nobody to talk to as her only friend at the party who she wasn't annoyed with at the moment was Amber and she was busy dancing with Mick.

"Hey." Alfie slurred, as he came up to her, he then proceeded to take out his vampire teeth, almost drooling on her in the process, "Did you see me strike out with that girl?"

"Go away." Was all Lyla said to him, but Alfie being Alfie, he didn't.

"Why, what did I do?" He asked, completely oblivious.

Lyla deadpanned at him, "Is that a joke?"

"No, what happened?" He asked, but all Lyla did was roll her eyes before pushing past him to go sit on the sofa. She sat there scowling for a bit, before Amber pulled her up by the arm saying, "Come with me to get the cake."

The two went out to the hallway where Trudy was with the cake, "Thank you so much, Trudes, this looks amazing."

"Anything for you dear." Trudy said, before walking away.

"Are you okay? You've been sulking in the corner for the whole party." Amber asked.

"Um... I'll tell you later." Lyla brushed off, not wanting to ruin her best friend's party.

Amber went to respond when she suddenly halted, upon hearing Mara talking with Mick in the kitchen. "I know I haven't spoken to you properly, since... y'know." Mick started.

"The friendship bracelet incident." Mara said.

"Yeah... I just wanted to apologize if I made things awkward between you and Amber." Mick offered.

"No, I think we're cool now." Mara said, Lyla scoffed under her breath.

The two girl's peaked over the doorway and watched them, "That looks good." Mick said referring to a crisp as Mara dipped one in some of the dip.