CHAPTER FIFTY NINE

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FIFTY NINE:House of Additions└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE:
House of Additions
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lyla, Fabian, Nina, and Patricia were now heading downstairs to inform Amber of their new mission. When they walked into the sitting room, they found her talking with Alfie, "Amber, could we have a word, please?" Fabian asked, as both of them stood up.

"Uh... Just Amber. Sorry, Alfie." Fabian corrected, earning a sad look from Alfie. "Thanks a bunch." The boy said, before storming out of the room. "Sorry, Alfie. It's just-" Nina tried, but trailed off, not knowing how to explain.

"Aw, have you been dumped?" Jerome teased him, as he walked past, "You and me both, pal." Alfie shot back.

Amber walked over to the group, as Patricia started, "So, we need to decide who's going to go down to the cellar and get the real elixir."

"Why aren't we including Alfie?" Amber questioned, "He said he was one of us now." Nina sighed, "I knew this would happen."

"We can trust him, America." Lyla persuaded. "I thought you didn't want to include him?" Patricia asked her, to which she shook her head, "Only because I don't want him to get hurt. But, he knows a lot already, and now he feels excluded." she explained.

"Alright, let's go." Fabian said, as they all headed to Alfie's room.

"Alfie, I'm sorry." Nina started, "It's just, this is a big deal, okay? Like, life, death, the whole shebang. People have been hurt."

"Yeah, and Alfie was one of them. Remember, we hospitalized him." Amber interjected, making Alfie's eyes widen in realization, he turned around glaring at them. "Amber, shut up!" Patricia scolded. "Sorry."

"What?" Alfie yelled, urging for an explanation. "Well... That stuff you drank..." Amber trailed off, as Lyla was trying to look anywhere but Alfie. Fabian continued, "We found it in the cellar."

"You could have killed me!" Alfie shouted.

"Yeah, I guess so. Sorry. But hey, good news is he didn't, right?" Nina said, earning a deadpan look from Lyla, "You call that an apology?" She questioned.

"Alfie, it really was an honest mistake, we're truly sorry. That's why we've been hesitant to tell you everything and let you join us. We just don't want anything else to happen, to you, or anyone." Lyla explained, getting a small nod from Alfie, as he processed everything.

"So, what was it?" Alfie asked, to which Fabian told him, "It wasn't the stuff we were looking for, unfortunately, so we need to get some more." Nina gave the boy a slap in the arm, warning him to stop talking.